What the F... is wrong ?????

B MACK

28 minutes ago, david wild said:

I meant Guido and friends

Brooklyn is safe near Coney Island most now reside in Staten Island one of the most crime free areas of NYC

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

YO Quicky your state is writing tickets for not wearing masks ?? I was called out for reporting that when I went to pick up the Pete we  bought, it is what I was told while there and now I see it on the news, SCREW CA. your state should call them selves a member of the Soviet Union.   $300  for first ticket ??????????? your state has been taken over power hungry dirt bags.

Yes the governor changed to rule to allow citations and fines

From what I could find out Santa Monica and Monterey are $100 and West Hollywood is $300.

The problem is that West Hollywood does not have its own police department and is patrolled by the Los Angels County Sheriff.

The sheriffs policy is “Deputies will continue to warn people and hand out masks to those who don't have their own”

We were out in the field all week working and did not feel any change in the enforcement.

For safety reasons we do not wear a mask most of the time.

And we too have real ones and they still will not stop the Virus so the little Masks are a joke plain and simple. We have P100 respirators and some others and SCBA when around Ammonia. even got the ones for tear gas and I don't even know where those came from, saw them the other day during inventory.

• Like 1

And we too have real ones and they still will not stop the Virus so the little Masks are a joke plain and simple. We have P100 respirators and some others and SCBA when around Ammonia. even got the ones for tear gas and I don't even know where those came from, saw them the other day during inventory.

The theory is that the masks stop the spit and water droplets from being dispersed when you talk or breath

I don't like most people so I guess that will work for me, I just avoid them.

There are a lot of idiots out there

The one thing I do like about this pandemic is I can just say I am socially distancing and avoid dealing with most of the idiots and I have so much more free time to work on my projects.

The other thing I like is the reduced traffic
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

There are a lot of idiots out there

The one thing I do like about this pandemic is I can just say I am socially distancing and avoid dealing with most of the idiots and I have so much more free time to work on my projects.

The other thing I like is the reduced traffic

By social distancing you guys aren't doing your republican duty to build herd immunity... Even if it kills you.

They say tying a bandana around your face is as good as wearing one of these masks. I've probably got a dozen or more bandanas, so I'm not paying a crapload of money on masks that won't do any more. Now I occasionally work in a dusty environment, and when I do, I tie one on. When I do, I look like the year is 1865 and I just rode in off the dusty trail to rob the bank, stage, or commit some other heinous act...and that's not a look I care to have walking around town.

I have not and will not wear a mask in public. Any establishment that wants my business won't say a damn thing to me about not having it on, either. The court tossed Putzker's executive decrees passed the expiration of his 1st, because under our state Constitution, ALL legislative powers belong to the legislature. The legislature years ago delegated "emergency powers" to the executive, realizing that sometimes things happen quickly that require swift action...but they limited those powers to 30 days, giving the legislature time to deliberate and address the issue. That time ran out in April. The "extensions" are illegal and unconstitutional, and therefore void.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

People in the trades wear our PPE proudly- It's a sign that we care about our trade and ourselves and of our competency. And when I see someone without PPE, it tells me that they don't take their work seriously and I try to avoid working with them. After decades of riding with a helmet, wearing a reflective vest when you're working in the street, wearing safety glasses in the shop, and N95 masks when working with dust hazards... Wearing that same N95 mask when you can't socially distance to keep from getting a deadly virus is no big deal.

4 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Re-educating Maxidyne is causing you to build long exhaustive paragraphs to satisfy her one sentence retorts. It’s a fruitless, disproportionate, wasted effort and she may be sitting in her Birkenstock’s giggling her head off at your sweaty dance. 

Your best bet would be an administrator request her third (or fourth?) removal from the site for relentless conversational antagonism. Once they have enough complaints they boot her off and she comes back quiet for a short spell and then goes right back to incessant annoyance in about roughly 12 months time. 

And your "re-education" attempts aren't working either.

10 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

The theory is that the masks stop the spit and water droplets from being dispersed when you talk or breath

Bingo, exactly. And if everyone wore the cheaper and available surgical masks (N95 mask being in short supply) when out in public, we would see a massive drop in transmission. Guys, I lived through a serious epidemic and speak from experience. I humbly speak out of a desire for the BMT family and their families to stay healthy while we await a vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

When I drove a wrecker, I never wore a vest. The few times I did, I noticed traffic zipped by in closer proximity than when I didn't have it on...almost as though since they could see me & thought they'd miss me, they weren't concerned about giving me space, but when they COULDN'T see me as easily, they were more cautious as they drove by. I also noticed carrying my chains on the road side with the hook held out towards traffic a little caused them to leave me the MOST space. So, no vest & carry a big hook on a chain...they see that juuuuust fine (and give space). Hardhats are a ridiculous thing to wear working alone in an open field chaining/tarping a 40,000+ pound coil onto your deck. Nobody's working overhead. Nothing is going to fall off anything and hit you. Same with steel toe shoes. I'm a driver. If I'm at risk of something heavy enough to cause real damage to my toes being dropped on my toes, I'm probably somewhere I shouldn't be, doing something that I shouldn't be doing. The only people who enjoy donning all of that ridiculous PPE are the ones walking around in the immaculately clean gear (likely new), carrying a clipboard, typically having the word "safety" or "inspector" in their job title, and likes to say they're in "the trades" when talking to people who work for a living to hide the fact that they rarely have to do any real work (which is why their PPE is so immaculately clean & looking like new).

99.9% of safety happens between your ears. You could wear the clown suit to virtue-signal to everyone around you that you "care about safety"...or you can SHOW it by using your head & not creating hazards to yourself and others. Personally, I'd rather work around folks who care about ACTUAL safety than those who like to play dress-up thinking that it will keep them safe.

• Like 1
  • Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

44 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

When I drove a wrecker, I never wore a vest. The few times I did, I noticed traffic zipped by in closer proximity than when I didn't have it on...almost as though since they could see me & thought they'd miss me, they weren't concerned about giving me space, but when they COULDN'T see me as easily, they were more cautious as they drove by. I also noticed carrying my chains on the road side with the hook held out towards traffic a little caused them to leave me the MOST space. So, no vest & carry a big hook on a chain...they see that juuuuust fine (and give space). Hardhats are a ridiculous thing to wear working alone in an open field chaining/tarping a 40,000+ pound coil onto your deck. Nobody's working overhead. Nothing is going to fall off anything and hit you. Same with steel toe shoes. I'm a driver. If I'm at risk of something heavy enough to cause real damage to my toes being dropped on my toes, I'm probably somewhere I shouldn't be, doing something that I shouldn't be doing. The only people who enjoy donning all of that ridiculous PPE are the ones walking around in the immaculately clean gear (likely new), carrying a clipboard, typically having the word "safety" or "inspector" in their job title, and likes to say they're in "the trades" when talking to people who work for a living to hide the fact that they rarely have to do any real work (which is why their PPE is so immaculately clean & looking like new).

99.9% of safety happens between your ears. You could wear the clown suit to virtue-signal to everyone around you that you "care about safety"...or you can SHOW it by using your head & not creating hazards to yourself and others. Personally, I'd rather work around folks who care about ACTUAL safety than those who like to play dress-up thinking that it will keep them safe.

exactly. i had a "safety inspector" open the door of my truck, and try to throw me off the job because i was not wearing mask, safety vest, steel toe boots, hard hat, and safety glasses. 

i asked him if he ever saw me get out off the truck. his reply was no. my reply was then go have sexual intercourse with yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..