D12 injector cup leakage? Again?!

steeler

Hi all. 4,000 miles ago I did injector cups on a d12d, everything had been great till now. Now it's got dying and hard starts again just like last time.

Just pulled the injectors out and noticed 4 of the injector washers stayed in the head. On those 4, down in the cup just above the washer, it looks black, like possible leakage. The 2 that the washers came out with the injector are clean and shiny. No traces of soot on the injectors themselves though.

My question is, where the injector hold down rests against the head, it appears that maybe there had been movement at one time causing wear on the head. Maybe a couple thousands. I've never noticed this before, and have done a boatload of cups. Could that be my problem? Alli of the hold down bolts were tight by the way.

13 minutes ago, fjh said:

We’re the hold downs the up dated hold downs they are taller that was the half hearted fix before the stainless cups

I don't think there was an update for the d12. The hold downs for them look different than the ones on the mp. But even on the mp engines, I don't ever recall seeing grooves in the head where they seat. Something just looks off to me.