1954 Diamond T 951S Tractor

j hancock

So brilliantly designed, the small size (dis-proportionally small) cab is virtually hidden in the overall scope of things.

Recall, the amazing and much loved Zenon C.R. Hansen joined Diamond T in 1953 as vice president of sales, at the request of Diamond T founder and President C.A. Tilt. Mr. Hansen was quickly promoted to executive vice president in 1954 and president in 1956.

"All of us at Diamond T felt that we had the finest trucks in the industry," Zenon said.

In his first year as president of Diamond T, sales shot up 20 percent while profits skyrocketed 800 percent.

• Like 1

I remember as a kid back in Illinois seeing a brand new Diamond-T 921RB and a brand new Mack B-61 for OK trucking with dump trailers Trucks were both red and black with white trim. The Diamond-T  had sort of a Hendrickson like front bumper. Wish I had photos of those two beauties. It was rare to see OK dumps as they usually had freight trailers Any body remember OK out of Chicago I believe. I believe DT used the A car drivers cab before the dumbass White takeover.

Edited by james j neiweem

James, before the White buyout (1958) Diamond T used the IH Comfovision cab, like shown in the above picture. After that they used both the REO cab for vocational use and the Autocar cab for over the road trucks. After 1960 All Diamond T, REO and some special order HD Whites were built at the REO plant in Lansing Mich. Three identical trucks could come down the assembly line and drive out the door as three different makes!! On May 1st, 1967 White motor combined DT and REO and created the name Diamond REO.

• Like 1

Brocky

On 5/13/2020 at 10:51 AM, james j neiweem said:

I remember as a kid back in Illinois seeing a brand new Diamond-T 921RB and a brand new Mack B-61 for OK trucking with dump trailers Trucks were both red and black with white trim. The Diamond-T  had sort of a Hendrickson like front bumper. Wish I had photos of those two beauties. It was rare to see OK dumps as they usually had freight trailers Any body remember OK out of Chicago I believe. I believe DT used the A car drivers cab before the dumbass White takeover.

I remember seeing a lot of OK trucks back in the 70's.