Jump to content

68 Bronco in daylight!


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Hey Bob you showed me your son's Bronco but never told me about this one!

Well Rich it was on the back burner.  Glad the wife and the boys kept nagging me.  Once I saw it in daylight my attitude changed.  I'm thinking-"where the hell did 22 years go??"  Pay attention guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jettertrucks said:

that truck is a roadway truck 1984   no fuel gauge  or tack or volt meter or water gauge or passenger seat and had air starter 

  trailer is a 2000 model cherokee 

 

Beauty-Never saw a single axle Big R  " r model"  Seems like back then C model Fords were the city tractor of choice for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jettertrucks said:

that truck is a roadway truck 1984   no fuel gauge  or tack or volt meter or water gauge or passenger seat and had air starter 

  trailer is a 2000 model cherokee 

 

Don't want to derail this thread...but why would they omit the gauges? Especially engine temperature. Didd they want their drivers to just drive no matter what? LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Beauty-Never saw a single axle Big R  " r model"  Seems like back then C model Fords were the city tractor of choice for them.

The R model Macks were used as road tractors pulling double 28 foot PUPS. also most were set up to take the converter dolly and make it into a "Clip On" tag axle for pulling 48 footers

  • Like 1

Brocky

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Kevin..Pay attention to the obits😎But I'm sure when that day comes the boys will have other ideas.

Bob, you're not going anywhere soon. You're just getting broken in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Don't want to derail this thread...but why would they omit the gauges? Especially engine temperature. Didd they want their drivers to just drive no matter what? LOL

Poverty Pack to keep the Bean counters Happy...

  • Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Link to post
Share on other sites

When it stops running, it's broke.   No need for the driver to know anything else LOL!!

Nice Bronco.   A buddy bought a local one that was parked for decades.  Nice, solid unit, red/white top, automatic.  Likely sit in his garage for another 20 yrs before he actually does anything with it.  I'd drive the wheels off it all summer.

  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this on Youtube and just by chance it was from Overnite! lol    .....Hippy

12 hours ago, Brocky said:

The R model Macks were used as road tractors pulling double 28 foot PUPS. also most were set up to take the converter dolly and make it into a "Clip On" tag axle for pulling 48 footers

    

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...