Question about ABF freight

85snowdog

I have been helping a friend out. One of our jobs was changing doors on a Granite dumptruck.

My question.

The doors we got ,came from the states off  an ABF truck. On top of the door ,above the window is a metal bracket with a big round pin. 

Curiosity has got the best of me. I can't figure what the bracket is. I'm thinking its for a safety harness or something. But don't really know. 

If anyone could shine a light on it ,I would appreciate it. 

I've enclosed pics of the bracket .

Thanks.

IMG_6005.thumb.JPG.08ef4c4d614b71b0756bfbfa4142d473.JPGFullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.394256d7651e5d0deb41a4ba6705ac15.jpgIMG_5991.thumb.JPG.ecf599d394c6b7ab72bea08e2c25acd1.JPGIMG_5997.thumb.JPG.593c9eba7f60473e8c9c34a95c0d75f5.JPG

Keith 

CB mount, it keeps the fire stick and booster from banging into the aero cap on the sleeper

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That makes so much sense. I can't believe I didn't see it. The marks in it really had me stumped. I never thought of vise grip mount.

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it. :twothumbsup:

Keith