MACUNGIE 2020 CANCELLED

1958 F.W.D.

For those of you not on Facebook, put out by ATCA on their page this morning:

After thoughtful consideration, The ATCA Board of Directors has decided to cancel the 2020 National Meet at Macungie. Concern for the health and safety of our members combined with government social restrictions left no alternative.

Currently, our business office is closed, but our office manager is able to access email and voicemails. Refunds will be made for show preregistrations when normal business resumes. We will post any updates on the ATCA website and on Facebook.

ATCA asks all of our friends to follow all health precautions from the CDC and to remain aware of all requirements handed down by federal, state, and local authorities. We ask you to carefully consider if it would be wise to cancel or reschedule your chapter meetings & functions including shows during this period of crowd size restrictions. ATCA will not request or authorize insurance certificates for chapter events pending a rollback of the government imposed social distancing requirements.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

3 hours ago, High Binder said:

I was really hoping the decision wouldn't be made until May 1st but I'm not involved in the scheduling and set up.  I'm sure the Board had to make a timely decision.  I was really looking forward to this years show.

I agree. I was really pissed this morning because previously they stated that they would make a decision on 4/30. I am not involved in the planning for it, nevertheless I can only imagine how much work it is and how many resources there are to organize. As today wore on, I got less pissed off and cooled down, and now I have placed my faith in the hands of the Powers in Charge, and I respect their decision. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Larry,

Got word other day that Buckeye Vintage Haulers show has been cancelled also. And just as I have been busting ass on the A/C in the ole Draggin' Wagon.

When the ice cold air starts flowing, guess I will just ride around the state with windows rolled up and my Harley jacket on

• Like 2

I am disappointed that macungie is cancelled but it is not that much of a surprise considering the condition america is in. I would hope gerharts truck show will go on as planed and some others close to me. I spent all winter in my garage redoing my truck so i could cruse to the shows this summer at least i get to use it to haul hay for my goats.

Tom, I'm in the same boat.   Got all this shiny new paint to show off and no place to go!!

Dave, maybe I'll make Gerharts this year?  Depends on my racing schedule and "if" anything actually starts this year???

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

How unsafe can it be outside if we kept our social distancing? Shouldn't be to hard to do. It isn't like we'd all be stuck on a cruise ship locked up in a confined space and the only way off would be a life boat.

Sink or swim. There is more to this whole situation then just not being able to attend a truck show. We are no longer being given choices. I don't always go to church but I'm no longer being given a choice if I wanted to attend services this weekend. I hope this all ends soon and we recover a better nation, but I afraid of the freedoms I'm losing as a result or some might be willing to give up for a sense of false security.

• Like 1

Mack 11E.jpg

Some events are getting cancelled because of the insurers.  Covid 19 is new and no one knows the damages and associated issues.  So, they are covering themselves by pulling insurance versus having a bunch of people sue them because they went to X event and now have the virus.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I read a news release out of Fla. this morning saying one of the big problems they're having is people who have been tested and have the virus are not staying home or in quarantine.  They're out running around.  It would be that way at the shows.

Hey A__HOLES do the WORLD a F___ING favor stay the F___ home if you are F___ING SICK.

I need to leave the confines get gas and go food shopping. I assume that's okay. I'm confused, I thought my chances of getting the virus were worse at night. It's okay to escape after 6:00 AM if I'm not sick as long as I wear a mask, gloves, keep my distance and return to Internment by 8:00 PM for bed check.

If I get sick as a result of my falter to the gas station who do I sue? Be kind of hard to prove where I might have picked up the virus. To be fair I guess I'd sue both mutually because they must have really good insurance to be aloud to continue to do business.

Mack 11E.jpg

22 hours ago, tenfive0 said:

How unsafe can it be outside if we kept our social distancing? Shouldn't be to hard to do. It isn't like we'd all be stuck on a cruise ship locked up in a confined space and the only way off would be a life boat.

Sink or swim. There is more to this whole situation then just not being able to attend a truck show. We are no longer being given choices. I don't always go to church but I'm no longer being given a choice if I wanted to attend services this weekend. I hope this all ends soon and we recover a better nation, but I afraid of the freedoms I'm losing as a result or some might be willing to give up for a sense of false security.

Did you read the post before yours?

• Like 1