Scam Calls

Bullheaded

So my wifes phone rings today. We look at it and it says " Shenzhen Guangdong" and the phone number was "+806........"

Ya, I always answer calls that start with a plus sign. That's gotta be legit right? Bahahaha.

So then 5 minutes later my daughter's phone rings, same number. But this time they left a voicemail. It was some woman speaking what I will assume was chinese? LOL

Unfortunately I didn't have a translator handy, so I guess we'll never know what the heck she said, LOL

• Haha 1

"how can people get in touch with you if you have no phone" 

send me an email. if they don't have my email address, than i don't want to talk to them anyway. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

• 11 months later...

Oh, I'm so tired of receiving various scam calls that promote dubious services. They use different numbers, and adding a number into the blocklist doesn't help. Of course, I'll never fall to their tricks, but the whole situation makes me mad. I know brilliant people who were involved in various frauds against their will. And I honestly fear that my employees may also be naive and cause losses to my company. Lucky for me, my digital security assistant discovered modern anti-fraud prevention solutions by covery.ai that offers various products like trustchain and device fingerprinting for protection.

Edited by McNeal

Sometimes when I’m in the mood to f with people, which is quite often I get a live person on the line.Then I let them tell me who they are and what car warranty they are pedaling or some other bs thing,then I ask them if they the one that has sex with farm animals.Kinda funny to hear their response,make me smile a bit.Then I tell them to have a great day.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I have to answer all incoming calls as I use my phone for work (boss pays the bill, can't complain......) If I get an out of area number I do let it go to voicemail but.....they "spoof" local numbers and these I have to answer. So if it is a scammer I screw with them as much as I can. I have an Indian friend who once told me that if you accuse them of having relations with their mother, it is one of the biggest personal insults you can throw at them, and they never say the word "mothe.......er" so if you can get a MF out of them, you know you pissed them off. 

Some of my friends and I have an honor-system game where we see how long we can keep them on the phone. My longest so far is 16 minutes for one of the car warranty guys. I kept asking him more and more complicated coverage questions, like "is the blinker fluid tank protected from cracking or breaking" or "Are the muffler bearings covered?" 

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I'm kinda the same way, I have some kind of spam blocker on my phone, I don't remember what it's called, but I get calls and it'll say "potential spam", so I just ignore it. I seem to get a lot of them after 5pm, so that's another clue that it's not legit. 

I pretty much only answer calls from people that are on my contact list, unless their name starts with "R", then I ignore it anyway.

Screenshot_20210320-160455_Phone.thumb.jpg.32b0e6433d5ba453ddace4bf4a820e81.jpg

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:38 AM, tjc transport said:

i don't have that problem anymore. 

i have not had a phone that accepts incoming calls for the last 5 years. 

I've set mine in the past to block any incoming call from a number NOT in my contact list...allows me to take calls from family & friends, but people who don't know me can't get through. Some days I strongly consider doing that again, but these days I just keep the ringer off. When I notice I missed a call from someone I know, I call them back...otherwise I ignore it. Oh yeah...and my voicemail box hasn't been set up since Verizon changed it. Before that, the box was full & wouldn't accept any new messages because I never checked it.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

i was just thinking today of hooking the fax machine up to the land line since spammers/scammers can not grasp the phone will not be answered.

i still see between 5 and 15 calls on that line every day from out of state numbers. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

6 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i was just thinking today of hooking the fax machine up to the land line since spammers/scammers can not grasp the phone will not be answered.

i still see between 5 and 15 calls on that line every day from out of state numbers. 

The entire time I've had a land line, it's had a fax machine hooked up to it. It probably rings a dozen times per day...NOBODY that I know uses that number to try to reach me, unless they're sending me a fax. Very rarely does it actually print off an incoming fax. I chuckle thinking about whoever it is on the other end, probably wearing some sort of head set, when that fax machine starts screaming in their ear.😂

• Haha 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!