Most enjoyable day today

41chevy

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

and speaking of that outhouse, the town wants it taken down because it is not sanitary. even though it has been in the current location since it was erected in 1882. 

That might all be changing 😁. Suddenly in an apocalypse like environment having a wood box to sit on and do your business instead of a street or a sidewalk might be considered luxurious.  

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

the stands are still there and doing well, but there have been no hogs on the farm in over 25 years. 

when i built the big stand out on the main highway back in 78 we could do pretty much what we wanted. but now you can not wipe your asterisk in the outhouse  behind the barn without town approval. 

and speaking of that outhouse, the town wants it taken down because it is not sanitary. even though it has been in the current location since it was erected in 1882. 

Lol! When my great grandaddy bought his 1st house that had indoor plumbing, the 1st thing he did was build an outhouse out back...because "You don't do 'that' in the house!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

Lol! When my great grandaddy bought his 1st house that had indoor plumbing, the 1st thing he did was build an outhouse out back...because "You don't do 'that' in the house!"

Our great grandads think alike Rowdy. Recently on another thread I posted nearly the same thing. My great grandpa wouldn’t let them put a bathroom in the house when his kids dug a waterline in. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

it is great to use, as long as a black widow or brown recluse does not bite you on the asterisk........which has happened a few times in the past.

This song was a Big Hit back in the early '70s down here..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

We had a wooden tub for a bathtub until i was eight no indoor water the pump was out on the side of the house. Coal cook stove in kitchen and a parlor stove in the living room. I never want to go back to that basic of life style. As i set at the desk typing am setting were the coal stove set when i was young i lived in this house for almost 65 years and my grandfather's father owned the house before me.

• Like 2

Excellent photography 41! That bacon doesn’t even need to be taste tested, it looks perfect grade-A like right out of a country living magazine. A wood table and a wooden cut board as opposed to stainless code and plastic boards...dig it. 👌

Had you pegged as more of a fellow hunter-gatherer than a domesticated farmer?

F9B2F8ED-47ED-4534-8119-F19721655370.thumb.jpeg.d87eec0c31d8645fe22db0c6339e7ac9.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 3:09 PM, davehummell said:

How things change when i was little my gram and i would walk up to the neighbors and get a chicken for Sunday dinner she would kill it in the yard and we would be eating it for dinner. I have helped butcher cows hogs chickens not for the feint of heart. god only knows how many deer i cut up use to finish the cuts on the butcher block in the kitchen. For years we only eat deer meat made my own hamburg and sausage. I never buy meat at the grocery store use a guy i know for years he sells me what i want. This year i'm going to get out and fish a little harder for crappy and panfish fried up they are as good as any other fish. 

you're right, crappie and bream are both delicious, especially the crappies.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:03 AM, General Ike said:

I am always full disclosure with folks I meet about how I grew up.  Stay with me here.  I live in a nice house, in a nice neighborhood (Winter Park Florida) surrounded by doctors, lawyers, and money managers. 

Zina from Florida lives in Winter Park.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:30 PM, Mack Technician said:

Excellent photography 41! That bacon doesn’t even need to be taste tested, it looks perfect grade-A like right out of a country living magazine. A wood table and a wooden cut board as opposed to stainless code and plastic boards...dig it. 👌

Had you pegged as more of a fellow hunter-gatherer than a domesticated farmer?

F9B2F8ED-47ED-4534-8119-F19721655370.thumb.jpeg.d87eec0c31d8645fe22db0c6339e7ac9.jpeg

I'm  the result of 410 years of independent living from English and German ancestors. Wood table, chairs and cutting boards were made by my Great Granpa, butcher saws, knives and cleavers were my great uncles. I do most all things myself all though Gail would help some times. I've done everything from cooking to swinging a new drum on my mixer truck my self. I work better alone because people don't do things to my liking and I don't have the patience to explain what  or how it has to be done. I do need people to work in my breakwater/ dock business but other than that I will not  feed them lodge them or like them. I tolerate maybe 3 or 4 people that are not family.  Been that way since I came home from service, my wife always said I was a century and a half to late.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

43 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

If it is something important I'll say something if not, I'll just occupy myself with not falling asleep from boredom.

Good for you!

If it is boring conversation, I will fall asleep and on several occasion been informed that I snore rather loudly!

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

8 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

A WHAT on WHERE???? 😯 

Good as that bacon looks, think I just lost my appetite....

Once it is done aging I'll send you a slab, but you have to share it with your mom too.

• Thanks 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

two things I see talked about on here I haven't seen or tried . moxie and that stuff from aust.  gotta try and find some of each. :D  by the way some good lookin bacon

Me too. Definitely has my curiosity.

10 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

two things I see talked about on here I haven't seen or tried . moxie and that stuff from aust.  gotta try and find some of each. :D  by the way some good lookin bacon

I was able to mail order some Vegemite. Kraft makes it. Different. It’s a paste that tastes sorta like like beef boullion. 

Moxie can only be explained using visual aids.

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

If I see bacon show up with a single can of Moxie you’ll being seeing some of the maple syrup I’m watching boil down. 

You do not drink Moxie with bacon. . . you cook it it it.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE