Sign in to follow this  
j hancock

Covid and truck show season

Well all the trucking trade shows up here have been postponed, and so have all the antique tractor auctions I follow.

I expect the ATHS national show in Springfield will be either cancelled or postponed this year which is sad as I'm only 68 miles distant. I know the grounds well having worked there in another life although much has changed since.

I have been planning on going for over a year and was going to bring my B 61. Made motel reservations about eight months ago. It is about a five hour drive for me. 

I'm hedging my bets on a postponement as it's too close to not attend.

Hopefully the aths show in Springfield il will go on.i could say soooooo many rear end questions  but I won't lol

21 hours ago, mackey58 said:

i could say soooooo many rear end questions  but I won't lol

The rear end ratio works great for highway speeds as well as off road...

Here in Australia, our 2 yearly Kyabram Mack Muster (that was to be this weekend 21 & 22 March) and our national 5 yearly Alice Springs (end of Aug 2020) shows have been cancelled and planned for 2021. And most other shows are cancelled also.

So all you guys that have planned to join us at Alice 2020 from USA and Canada, we will miss you.

As of tomorrow at 12 noon all non essential businesses are closed, such as restaurants, hotels (pubs) gaming venues, bars, movie houses, etc and each state is going into border lock downs except for essential businesses.

However, the truck drivers are still going - they keep the country going and feed and supplied with toilet paper (and keeping the arse-holes happy):SMOKIE-RT::thumb:

Just found out that the Western Mass Chapter ATCA Show has been cancelled which was scheduled for May 3rd.  Will try again in 2021.

ATCA will revisit the status of Macungie on April 30.

25 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

ATCA will revisit the status of Macungie on April 30.

Hi Bob,  Any word on Baystate at Bolton?

If you think any of these big shows are going on as planned, I have some real nice beach front property in Colorado you need to buy.

May not even be any shows in 2021.

Grab the reins - we are all going for a ride.

10 hours ago, j hancock said:

Hi Bob,  Any word on Baystate at Bolton?

Jim,

Nothing specific but if I had to bet I would say hope for a Fall show.  Haven't heard the number count tonite but until those numbers start going down we have a ways to go.

Right, been hearing the same general talk.

We have our Ashland show in June.  Hope things are back in working order by then??  

On 3/21/2020 at 8:47 AM, j hancock said:

Possibly doing some wishful thinking but hopeful that Covid doesn't mess up truck show season too badly.  Our daily routines and business are already in the hopper.

I think we will all be anxious to get out and look around.  Stay safe folks!

Blonde Brockway.JPG

that reminds me, I went to sunny Florida and went to bike week. I'll post all the bike pictures I took.