Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Pool water delivered in style.  Based in the Ocean State.

Bento Water.JPG

And this one doesn't have "it"?

image.jpeg.3afdba59548b713e7aea2882c4223e06.jpeg


Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man what a beautiful rig.....thanks jim.....bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rob said:

And this one doesn't have "it"?

image.jpeg.3afdba59548b713e7aea2882c4223e06.jpeg

That truck belonged to Roy ?? out of Nevada. It was a self loading logger when new. His LTH with Ellis split manifolds is in the Keystone Museum now. I have a picture of him as a young man driving a 47 LT log truck. I think back with a little sadness of all the great trucker buddies we have lost over the past decade with Roy being one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, I need to borrow that Mack picture and post it on JOT.   With "Bento Water" across the front it is PERFECT to hound Aaron with.  LOL!!!


IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

OMG, I need to borrow that Mack picture and post it on JOT.   With "Bento Water" across the front it is PERFECT to hound Aaron with.  LOL!!!

Get Tomer in on the deal as well...


Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little blurry picture from Macungie 2015.  The truck is awesome! 

1942 FCSW dump truck with 1943 Mack FCSW water truck.

1942 1943 Mack FCSW.JPG

  • Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mackdaddy said:

That truck belonged to Roy ?? out of Nevada. It was a self loading logger when new. His LTH with Ellis split manifolds is in the Keystone Museum now. I have a picture of him as a young man driving a 47 LT log truck. I think back with a little sadness of all the great trucker buddies we have lost over the past decade with Roy being one of them.

Yes it was Roy's truck. Very nice man I'm told. I did get to speak with him via telephone just before he passed and assured him the truck would be kept alive and well. He and "Mary", (I believe) treated me right on the price and I had Ray, (MHE9 on this site) haul it back to the shop to keep everything tidy. I use it routinely to fill swimming pools in the area and the occasional "dust control".

Really enjoy that truck but wanting to convert it to a motorhome sometime in the future.

Thanks,


Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

Yes it was Roy's truck. Very nice man I'm told. I did get to speak with him via telephone just before he passed and assured him the truck would be kept alive and well. He and "Mary", (I believe) treated me right on the price and I had Ray, (MHE9 on this site) haul it back to the shop to keep everything tidy. I use it routinely to fill swimming pools in the area and the occasional "dust control".

Really enjoy that truck but wanting to convert it to a motorhome sometime in the future.

Thanks,

I will dig through some of my stuff as I know I have a picture of it when it was a logger. And I think his business cards had it on it too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mackdaddy said:

I will dig through some of my stuff as I know I have a picture of it when it was a logger. And I think his business cards had it on it too?

It is actually still set up for a quick change back to a log bunk type truck. The tank is retained to the frame with spring binders and the hoses quick couple. You can see one of them here:

image.jpeg.6dccd2cef2f0e7476972a990ef0cec38.jpeg

The complete tank can be lifted via forklift or crane and the bunk set back onto the chassis.

I hated removing the hand painted scenery from the doors, but his last name was emblazoned through it and couldn't be saved without damage. Cab corners are beginning to rot and that's about the only areas needing addressed. I'm going to pull the truck down for a decent restoration hopefully next fall.

I understand he built the truck to haul water being a volunteer fireman and to keep the logging roads dust down. This truck is very well set up for brush fires also with none of the equipment being used in the past. The hoses are still coiled and restrained with their shipping straps. The road sprayers work well and really throw water when needed.

I use a 2" hose to fill pools off the front of the truck which is a discharge for the pump.

image.jpeg.8eb39f8eb05cf584dec48f2eacb1c231.jpeg

Truck will carry about 5300 gallons and fills a 2" hose @ 60psi quite nicely.....

He was going to send me a card and other literature pertaining to the truck but his health rapidly deteriorated and I never received anything. If you could photocopy one and send it I'd be grateful. Told him I wanted some type of placard for the dash and that would do it. The original horn button is still present which reads "Custom Built for Graham Bros." but the center section is worn away.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Phase 1 said:

Image result for water swimming pool not same truck

Never have been asked to do that myself.

I expect I'll get some use out of the water truck starting next month when people around here start with the swimming pools. Two years ago the local town sold the water supply to American Water for badly needed cash and the infrastructure needing rebuild. American has spent almost five million dollars in upgrades in that timeframe and agreed to hold the current rates two years to which that agreement expires in May. Local newsprint, (rag) is already harping about a 20% increase in rates to take effect.

Last year it was less expensive to run the seven miles distant to the next little town, load 5000 gallons and deliver than to fill here in town. I expect I'll be doing the same again.


Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phase 1 said:

Image result for water swimming pool not same truck

You know more than one person asked if he had to put up a sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maint1 said:

Roy’s log truck, went to Reno several years ago to get it, was 17 below zero there, Mary worked with me a couple days getting it and her loader running to load and haul back, what a nice person. Never so cold in my life.

E0933BF6-7F38-4C4E-8DE8-E606EA51F242.jpeg

Thanks for the photo. I have another of it but not that nice as it was still at their place before being in the show condition it is now.

I also have a photo of my water wagon with that same style bunk on it but there is no dolly in my photo.

You are correct in some of the nicest people you could hope to meet. I do hope Mary is still around and if you converse give her my best and relaying I do appreciate that truck and take good care of it.

Thanks,

  • Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maint1 said:

Roy’s log truck, went to Reno several years ago to get it, was 17 below zero there, Mary worked with me a couple days getting it and her loader running to load and haul back, what a nice person. Never so cold in my life.

E0933BF6-7F38-4C4E-8DE8-E606EA51F242.jpeg

That is incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...