2006 mack ai-427 misfire

Truecountry

3 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Figure the moral of the story is you really, really, need to locate that chunk. Snail would be a fine lodge spot, esp since it’s likely a stock AI with tight clearances. 

Yup out come will likely be the same either way!  Ah turbos are cheap!😁

10 hours ago, fjh said:

OR lodged in the turbo Snail!

9 hours ago, fjh said:

Yup out come will likely be the same either way!  Ah turbos are cheap!😁

ill take turbo apart and look but I was thinking after cooler ..ive looked every where ..intake manifold and exhaust manifold but I haven't taking turbo apart I will just to see

This is a caterpillar 815 compactor I know not a mack or a truck but ..I found this one 5 years ago and took pics to prove it...

Complain of compactor was light tapping in engine but its so loud no muffler hard to hear tap..but I hear miss in engine

Cylinder number 4 on head its one piece head btw

piston 4.jpg

head.jpg

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

ok re did valve adjustment ...loosen push rod spring adjuster rocker arm did the .010 on end of Yoke and spring under rocker on same yoke and checked with pressure on end on rocker for drag 

did the .045 under spring under rocker for push rod adjustment now I don't have 6inch pound screw driver so I snugged it down till closed and loosed a lil bit did .045 still under and .024 under end of rocker to yoke pulled .045 out and checked .024 again its a lil tight but snug ...this seem right the manual is hard to read tiny writing lol old eyes

4 hours ago, Truecountry said:

ok re did valve adjustment ...loosen push rod spring adjuster rocker arm did the .010 on end of Yoke and spring under rocker on same yoke and checked with pressure on end on rocker for drag 

did the .045 under spring under rocker for push rod adjustment now I don't have 6inch pound screw driver so I snugged it down till closed and loosed a lil bit did .045 still under and .024 under end of rocker to yoke pulled .045 out and checked .024 again its a lil tight but snug ...this seem right the manual is hard to read tiny writing lol old eyes

I usually leave my wrench on the rocker arm adjuster and put just enough weighted down pressure on it to compress the push tube spring. You get a more true drag “response” back from the feeler gauge with the tube compressed.

• Like 1

If the history is unknown  on this engine You should change out your rocker bolts if you haven't already!  DON'T TRUST THEM! Its and un written rule at our place to replace these if we don't have history of replacement ! had a few bad experiences! 

• Like 1