CoronaFarce-rus

Mack Technician

I guess I feel the rules apply equally to all of us. Just because I have some $$$ to travel somewhere I wouldn’t/won’t especially during this lockdown. They choose to live in an overcrowded city so in my opinion (and it’s just that, my opinion) they shouldn’t be allowed to spread this crap. We won’t ever get a handle on this as long as people keep being so self centered like the spring breakers, the lady in Connecticut with $$$ that had a big party during the quarantine and spread it, the Ny millionaires who purposely left the quarantine area and some knowing having or having direct contact with the Coronavirus going to the hamptons. Do your part and stay home to help stop this and relieve some of the pressure on our healthcare system by not spreading this so fast. Just my  two cents. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Rural areas aren't safe either- The virus is everywhere and appropriate precautions need to be taken. Here in southwest Minnesota while the MSP metro and Sioux Falls have been reporting cases for a couple weeks now, the reported cases have been spreading county by county. In my county the 1st case was reported a couple days ago and another today so given the incubation period and testing delays the virus has been here for  a week or so. The experts also pretty much agree that there are at least ten times as many cases out there as the testing reveals and the number of cases doubles every 3 to 6 days= My little rural county has not 2 but probably over 40 cases! So if you maintain social distancing, decontaminate, and wear PPE you can be safe in the city, and if you ignore those precautions like too many rural people do, you can catch the virus anywhere!

"there are at least ten times as many cases out there as the testing reveals and the number of cases doubles every 3 to 6 days"

Bingo.

Now, imagine having a 104-105 degree F fever (40-41 C), being unable to keep any food down for 5-7 days because you have both vomiting and diarrhea, only being able to breath if you remain lying on a bed.......it's impossible for you to stand much less walk around, and you feel like your heart is going to rip out of your chest.

I’m with the Mud Duck. Not so opposed to migration since it’s already here. Let’em roll the dice if they want to, they’re moving further away from good hospitals and into the land of Indian medicine men dancing and slapping your fevered body with a dead eagles plumage.

Personally, I recommend folks getting a Covid plan...

1. Start exercising and doing cardio. It kills by depleting your oxygen via pneumonia. Exercise helps your heart run better on lower levels of oxygen. I can’t go to the gym now but there’s woods trails and a highway. You can do jumping jacks in your living room if that’s what you have. Beats sitting around wringing your hands. 

2. Go on Ketosis. Drop some weight fast. I’m shooting for 20. It’s less inflammatory foods. Fat contains blood flow, more fat means more blood needed, means more cardio stress to pump extra circuits. You can drop a couple pounds a week. 

3. Begin a regiment of Elderberry Extract. It’s the only supplement proven to turn you around faster during a viral infection. I doubted my wife and she proved me wrong. So I figured I’d still prove her wrong by looking up data, and data from .gov medical library placebo study also proved me wrong. People get well days faster and need less intervention “rescue” medications. 

4. Shift to a CAG MOF attitude. Come And Get Me Mother “blank”. Puts you in control. I know I’m getting it eventually and it’s going to be from work. Don’t let a mindless, pus coated, Zipperhead(Paul quote) prick virus eat your lungs without first turning it into a complete p&$$ing match. 

5. Use BMT as an outlet for your rants, unreasonable prejudices & fears, crack pipe theories and Mack truck needs. I apologize outright for blowing up this sight, but it gets boring if you follow this stay home order properly. 

Edited by Mack Technician

15 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

I’m with the Mud Duck. Not so opposed to migration since it’s already here. Let’em roll the dice if they want to, they’re moving further away from good hospitals and into the land of Indian medicine men dancing and slapping your fevered body with a dead eagles plumage.

If it was just the people leaving and migrating that were rolling the dice that would be fine. Why should they have the opportunity to spread something that is highly infectious to very small rural areas with little to no healthcare options. There’s less than 2000 people in the county I live in. We have a little medical center that doesn’t do much for any serious injury or illness. They more or less patch you up good enough to keep you alive until they can get you to help. For me the closest real medical help (again not including our triage center) is 100 miles away one way. So these selfish people should be able to come to a rural place and expose a very small community to Coronavirus that has very, very little medical care?  I think that’s wrong but I guess that’s just me. Always enjoy visiting and hearing your side of things MackTech. Stay healthy. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

36 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

If it was just the people leaving and migrating that were rolling the dice that would be fine. Why should they have the opportunity to spread something that is highly infectious to very small rural areas with little to no healthcare options. There’s less than 2000 people in the county I live in. We have a little medical center that doesn’t do much for any serious injury or illness. They more or less patch you up good enough to keep you alive until they can get you to help. For me the closest real medical help (again not including our triage center) is 100 miles away one way. So these selfish people should be able to come to a rural place and expose a very small community to Coronavirus that has very, very little medical care?  I think that’s wrong but I guess that’s just me. Always enjoy visiting and hearing your side of things MackTech. Stay healthy. 

I simply think folks would lose even more of what we’ve already lost in personal privilege if they can’t escape. It’s the last liberty. 100 miles is a problem. I’m surprised they want that level of “removal” from society.

We have my mom holed up in the family farmhouse. She’s ashes if she gets it. Stroke survivor and diabetic, 72. If I had a cabin up here I’d move her into it. 

Cheers Gunner! 👍🏼 To your good health and continued sound judgement. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 2

Don't assume only people from the big cities will bring the virus "out here"- It's already here. I just dug up some stats in Minnesota and the number of infected is increasing over twice as fast in rural areas as it is in the metro areas!

While FOLLOWING ORDERS and OBEYING RULES I'm not leaving the confines preforming traffic stops to check for out of state license plates. It is the least of my concerns where legal US Citizens are coming from or going to with in our country while social distancing.

If someone stops while on their way and pitches a party tent in my vicinity and invites 100 of their friends and family we are going to have a problem.  

• Like 1

Mack 11E.jpg

Company had the first positive test on a production worker yesterday. I'm not making it up to fit this narrative...………..It's Wallula, Washington....population 179. It came into the door in the middle of flat, dessert, nowhere S.East Washington. Guy wasn't traveling. Took 5 other workers out with him, mandatory quarantine for them. 

4 hours ago, david wild said:

HA HA I have 17 cases of N95 1860 3M  Masks that bought on a GSA auction knew I had them but was out on a move, got home checked the cases and now I am going to cash them in, lucky me.

What’s that Dave? Your donating them to your local Red Cross chapter and taking a tax deduction instead of selling them! High five man 🙌 

I was asked to donate them to the local fire dept, the chief just bought a new Teluride (loaded) and we gut a Hummer brush fire truck, if the Chief got a Soul and a Ford f350 brush truck I may have been a little more inclined but if you can piss away tax money on toys then screw you. now I know that every volunteer fireman will be up in arms but our fire dept pisses away tax dollars like the shit grows on trees  so I feel I don't need to give away stuff,  goes along with hospital, never got anything from them but a screwing too, 6 dollar aspirin ? and I need to give to them, when asked about this today I told them I would burn them be for I gave them away,  my Snap On dealer bought them all. wallets so fat almost did not fit in my pocket, see being a capitalist works,I spent money on buying what the Government wasted money on buying to much of, I stored it then along came a need and I made a profit, that is what snowflakes need to learn.  and OH now Shifty shit wants to impeach Trump for his handling of the virus, if you are a Liberal Democrat and you can support that you have not brain cell that has  survived your birth because you would have to be brain dead to believe your right and the rest of us are wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, david wild said:

I was asked to donate them to the local fire dept, the chief just bought a new Teluride (loaded) and we gut a Hummer brush fire truck, if the Chief got a Soul and a Ford f350 brush truck I may have been a little more inclined but if you can piss away tax money on toys then screw you. now I know that every volunteer fireman will be up in arms but our fire dept pisses away tax dollars like the shit grows on trees  so I feel I don't need to give away stuff,  goes along with hospital, never got anything from them but a screwing too, 6 dollar aspirin ? and I need to give to them, when asked about this today I told them I would burn them be for I gave them away,  my Snap On dealer bought them all. wallets so fat almost did not fit in my pocket, see being a capitalist works,I spent money on buying what the Government wasted money on buying to much of, I stored it then along came a need and I made a profit, that is what snowflakes need to learn.  and OH now Shifty shit wants to impeach Trump for his handling of the virus, if you are a Liberal Democrat and you can support that you have not brain cell that has  survived your birth because you would have to be brain dead to believe your right and the rest of us are wrong.

Thought I’d throw it out there, you were jumping up and down like Ebenezer. You kill it on more big auction payouts than anyone I’ve know. Sold to Snap On? Maybe there’s mercy in it somewhere. A fortunate motor monkey will be getting a free pack of Corona masks with every $150 worth of tools purchased? 

7 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Company had the first positive test on a production worker yesterday. I'm not making it up to fit this narrative...………..It's Wallula, Washington....population 179. It came into the door in the middle of flat, dessert, nowhere S.East Washington. Guy wasn't traveling. Took 5 other workers out with him, mandatory quarantine for them. 

The steel mill in the town nearest me caught someone that tested positive going through the gate. An outside contractor. The detectors at the security gate actually picked up his fever.

And a mine north of me that my friend works at (and the one I was going to quit trucking and go work for) just started calling guys back to work a couple weeks ago and sure enough....now they found someone with corona working there.

I already have asthma and lung problems. I'm staying home!! LOL

Snap on was cash money on the spot, came and picked them up, he's been my dealer for 25 years so we know each other pretty well, never would have sold them to anyone else for what he gave me but what goes around comes around, he has always been there even on weekends so I felt i would return the favor. now all the Snap on haters can chime in on there over priced tools that 40 years later at least for me are still working. still got bunches of tyvek suits out of that sale too, and boot covers and really nice gas masks from survivor with the screw on cartridges, ready for the big disaster, we bought them for our hazmat jobs, we even have scba crap for the trucks when near the ammonia tanks at the power plants,  

Got a taste for how fast kids can pick up and spread.

We’ve been respecting the stay home order. Wife had to take the kids to Walmart with her after a couple weeks of home stay. It’s the only public exposure. Cleaned hands before and aft. The 2.5 year old picked up pink eye inside of the single 1/2 hour visit. 

5 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Got a taste for how fast kids can pick up and spread.

We’ve been respecting the stay home order. Wife had to take the kids to Walmart with her after a couple weeks of home stay. It’s the only public exposure. Cleaned hands before and aft. The 2.5 year old picked up pink eye inside of the single 1/2 hour visit. 

That's not good...

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/is-pink-eye-a-symptom-of-coronavirus

I remembered reading about that the other day. Hopefully it is just the ordinary variety & NOT ChinaVirus related.

My wife & I are doing everything we can to do any running around we need to do when we DON'T have the boy. I'll stop on my way home after work (if I get off early enough) or do without. She works at Walmart, so even though the store is "closed" employees can buy what they need after their shift ends. Our 2-1/2 year old hasn't been anywhere but the house, the farm, and the babysitter's...just not worth the risk. As adults, we know to wash our hands, limit what we touch, and to keep distance. Kids just don't understand that. My 1st job is to keep him safe.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

In this case I was 7 hours away in MN ice fishing, so she was on a solo mission. If you don’t feed the 5 they’ll turn on you. Could be Corona, but I doubt it. He’s been better for a week with no other symptoms.

He’s the one who gave me Corona when I started this thread. He got a cough and sore throat, passed fast. I got it from him and was laid up in bed for 4 days with an elephant sitting on my chest and 102.3 fever. No GI issues at all, could eat like a horse. Got better, chest still funky, went to work 4 days and fever and elephant returned which usually means pneumonia. Only 100.5 fever that round and only lasted 12 hours. 

We just went to Greybull WY. spent a week out there, no problems and sat down to a meal in NE. with service and everything, not many people in restaurant but I don't like people anyway, as for the people in NY. live like rat die like rat, still a silver lining to all this, Social Security will balance it's books and maybe fewer scumbags will be on earth and yes I know someones granny will pass to but we all go at some point, nobody seemed to mind that we might not come home from Iraq ? it's getting warmer every day here in the south and they said the virus hates warm weather so we are doing everything outside in the sun and fresh air and no slow down on work.

I am confidant that the PRC is analyzing all the information from the C-19 pandemic. 

Probably have determined that It will take less men and weapons to bring the world down compared to their previous data.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Our filthy neighbor of 10,000 years still remains the greatest offender here......

The CDC high estimate number for Flu deaths since October 2019 is 63,000 dead. 

Corona has 9,109

Don't care for either of them, but this annual scourge has never gotten so much attention and the flu deaths are being considered perfectly normal and outside of our personal control. 

With all the distancing precautions being taken the Flu spread has to have been stunted also, so how bad would the high flu number have been by end of May? 80,000? More? This is also flu bloom right now. 

• Like 1