Oil Pan needs to be replaced

Tim Modine

16 minutes ago, Hook n ladder 1 said:

I’m getting ready to order a pan from them too. My current stock pan is 33 quarts.  The one they have that matches is 28 quarts.  Is this something I should be concerned about?   

Might have to double check to see if the pickup is the right depth.    terry:MackLogo:

II know the older Mack’s used the same pick up for every pan I’ve changed some deep pans for the smaller one and all the pick up were the same I didn’t like the fact that they didn’t use a longer pick up for longer pans but it made it easy  to swap  Don’t know if they still do that

I’d gamble they probably are the same, still good to expect the unexpected and watch for interference. 

When Mack started using multiple pan volumes they adjusted the oil change interval to the pan volume. They went up to a 51 quart for the AI, probably because of soot. Going on memory, but back when Mack had gray and silver filters, silver was longer service life for larger pans on AC.  

They also built a corrosion resistant pan ...SB211023. Or I should say “use to build”? Mack powder coated the interior and exterior then put a layer of Rhino Lining on the outside. Your corrosion resistant 28 quart for an E-Tech is 21359528. Mack also made 100% stainless hardware to go with the pan. Even the little isolator buttons had stainless rubber-bonded washers. 

If anyone looks that up I’d be very curious to see the price tag 💰 

Edited by Mack Technician

Mack pans can fit rotationally either direction and the sump pickup can be bolted to either front or back of the pump. There’s a lot that’s universal, so guessing pickup may be universal too. Guessing. Measure once you get it off, you’ll be able to determine fit for sure. No real advantage to a deeper pickup tube except in some off road engines. 

I had my dealer check the oil capacity of my original OEM pan and they said 55 quarts. Exactly what the BH oil pan is rated for to replace my factory OEM rusted out junk. I’m ordering through them since they are closer to me logistically. I’m in NY they’re in PA. 

• 2 weeks later...