Just bought this

GreenGiant2

8 hours ago, Rob said:

They have a seemingly decent ground bearing detach, (Fontaine) I have a growing interest in:

https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trailers/for-sale/162342717/1999-fontaine-tb35

Yes I looked at that one too. Looks good other than rust holes in rear bridge. That can be fixed

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

i am not a big fan of ground bearing trailers. had way too many episodes back in "the good old days" of the ground under the lift plate collapsing when trying to hook up. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

i am not a big fan of ground bearing trailers. had way too many episodes back in "the good old days" of the ground under the lift plate collapsing when trying to hook up. 

Agree.

8 hours ago, Rob said:

They have a seemingly decent ground bearing detach, (Fontaine) I have a growing interest in:

https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trailers/for-sale/162342717/1999-fontaine-tb35

Rob, check with them. Mine was listed for 19,500. Got it for 18,000.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I have no experience at all with an RGN that is ground bearing. Only one I really ever used was a NGB Talbert 50t unit and I borrowed it a few times to move my 780 Case backhoe. Nice one to operate for sure but far more $$$ than I need to expend on a start up type operation.

If I'm thinking right; those bridges or bolsters really should have a way to ventilate themselves besides a big rust hole. I don't know but every one of them likes to rust through in that area.

I'm on the "one payment" method of doing things so if anybody wants to talk turkey, I'll be listening. This is a new venture for me and thankfully I'm not completely green so hope to sound intelligent, (at least). I'll plead my case and give a vendor the chance to reduce their asking price to my liking, (whatever that is) or walk away clean. Pretty easy to convey a price is too high and it gives a second chance for a submital. That's just good business and fair to both parties I feel.

So far I have six candidates to evaluate. Four are listed in "Truck Paper", and two are private owned. I'll look at all while driving the car and run back out in the R model to grab whatever is purchased to bring back.

Sounds like Martin treated you right as that trailer is very nice and I hope it serves you well.

Thanks for the tip(s); certainly appreciated.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.