Any old IH truck guys here’s?

storkmack

Brad;

Grandaughter and I are going for a bicycle ride later this morning to mail bills off at the post office. One of our monthly "together" times. I have the reflector set boxed and am going to ship it this morning as can't guarantee I'll be by your way anytime soon. 

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't care what I hear about you, you are all right!  Enjoy the Grand Daughter.   My mother has had some medical issues here as of late.  We all realized how precious our time is here and to not take it for granted.  

Edited by storkmack
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, storkmack said:

I don't care what I about you, you are all right!  Enjoy the Grand Daughter.   My mother has had some medical issues here as of late.  We all realized how precious our time is here and to not take it for granted.  

In the mail as they say and you should see it on Tuesday. 

Don't think for a minute that box of "extra" old parts and fuel tanks were not appreciated. Most have been reutilized by myself or other restorers. Nothing has been resold as I don't work like that. 

That little girl is quite special to us so we grab her at every opportunity available. 

Hope you get good use of the flare set. I never needed them so the dirt could be original from years ago. I've carried them behind the seat in "Krusty" since March of 1996 and it's been longer that that since they'd seen the light of day. 

Give your family my best.

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:42 PM, High Binder said:

I've got a few more than I need.

rdfc-402-25.JPG

The extended nose factory or a mod for a longer power pack? Either way it looks well done.  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Brad;

USPS shows package delivered 12/10/2019 @ 10:22a.m.  Want to ensure you have possession and I shipped it correctly.

Thanks,

Rob

8 hours ago, Rob said:

Brad;

USPS shows package delivered 12/10/2019 @ 10:22a.m.  Want to ensure you have possession and I shipped it correctly.

Thanks,

Rob

Arrived as promised.   Thank you again. The problem now is that packages may come to you, from here.

31 minutes ago, storkmack said:

Arrived as promised.   Thank you again. The problem now is that packages may come to you, from here.

No worries. Do you have any IH equipment with air brakes? I found a "Service" glad hand which is cast iron and plainly branded with "IH" and "Service" in the casting. Also found a front header panel emblem from an old "LoadStar" IIRC. 

5 hours ago, Rob said:

No worries. Do you have any IH equipment with air brakes? I found a "Service" glad hand which is cast iron and plainly branded with "IH" and "Service" in the casting. Also found a front header panel emblem from an old "LoadStar" IIRC. 

We have a couple "modern" IH 9200's  cheap power we bought when the 2012 Mack's were killing us.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, storkmack said:

We have a couple "modern" IH 9200's  cheap power we bought when the 2012 Mack's were killing us.

Passed one your trucks on I-80 at mile marker 100 headed east this morning. Charcoal/silver newer KW pulling a pneumatic tanker. I had a pickup in Montgomery at a garage door manufacturing plant.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:10 PM, autocardc said:

Still working in east St. Louis.

BAE42E6D-DCF5-4D5F-B14F-6A2A207DAD9E.jpeg

That one, (if the same) has been around quite a while. E. St. Louis was so broke for so many years I'm not surprised it is still running. State inspection looks to be out however and with those steer tires might be difficult to get it through..... If the same truck I remember it working when it was pretty new.

Remember the city cops using walkie talkies because the patrol car(s) radios were defunct and they had no money for repairs?

All gone now but my grandma worked the stockyards, and several of the packing plants that used to line that area.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Passed one your trucks on I-80 at mile marker 100 headed east this morning. Charcoal/silver newer KW pulling a pneumatic tanker. I had a pickup in Montgomery at a garage door manufacturing plant.

Not a big fan of that one.  Should be getting painted soon.   Funny how Pete and KW use a common cab, but I care for the Pete more.

22 minutes ago, storkmack said:

Not a big fan of that one.  Should be getting painted soon.   Funny how Pete and KW use a common cab, but I care for the Pete more.

That color certainly does it no justice. Kinda blends in where your corporate color scheme tends to "stand out".

1 hour ago, High Binder said:

Mike,  Nice truck and looks to be in great shape.  Don't see too many KB10's around.   

Thanks.  It is in great shape.   It was repainted at some point but not recently.  I have not tried to get it running.  I have this junker too. It is a KB8 front the same place.  I love your high binders.  I hope to get one eventually.  Mike. 

9A0EABEA-4C80-4083-994D-3859C0E52291.jpeg

• Like 2