Any old IH truck guys here’s?

storkmack

Unfortunately I no longer own any International's but they are my favorite along with the pre-2000's Mack's. I have been trying to find an old Loadstar or something like that yellow one to use as my personal vehicle, but I ended up buying an F550 because I couldn't find anything around here that didn't need a ton of work.

Those are nice.

My Great Grandpa was a IH farm machinery dealer from the 'early 30's until 1950.That's how my Grandpa got started trucking livestock,he would deliver new tractor or whatever with a D series IH,then fold rack up and haul the horses or or cows that were traded back to town.When Grandpa started trucking full time,he always ran gas pwered IH trucks until 1970,when he bought Dad a GMC Crackerbox,then started buying Macks from '72 on,so I have a soft spot for those as well as the Farmall tractors. Currently I have 3 K models,2 L models,2 R190's,a 1600 Loadstar,and a S2575.

• Like 1

Hey Brad;

Can you use this for any of your IH trucks? These were original to my 1965 R-190 which I've had since 1974.

image.jpeg.8b59bc1eec10441a9be806b7dd46acc8.jpegimage.jpeg.bb800c9ec70bc433873a4b457c9c62ed.jpeg

Never been out of the box I know of in all the years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My first truck was a '72 1210 2wd pickup.  Learned a lot working on it.  It was a ex township road truck(ya, beat to pieces and safety yellow).  345 would not pass a gas station.   Still like the utilitarian look of a IH pickup.  They sure did rust to pieces(like most vehicles of the day).  Mine came with no inner fenders(or hood hinges), floors were vaguely there, though the bed was welded up pretty solid.  I need to dig up the picture I have from 1982?

My buddy from jr high grew up with Travelalls.  First was a '66, then a '72.  I have a picture of the '72(green with woodgrain).  He also had a '72 1210 4wd stepside for a short time.  It got burnt up in a garage fire while doing some patch work on it.  It had a 392 with Holley 4bbl.   Sure glad gas was only like $.50/gal back then.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

14 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

Bullheaded that's an oddball that blue truck.  looks like a Loadstar car with an S series hood?? always like old Ih's myself always wanted an Ih pickup to drive around. those things were beasts for pickups

All I know is that is all factory original. I can't even remember what year that truck was. 76 or 78? There were a few around here that looked just like that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rob said:

Hey Brad;

Can you use this for any of your IH trucks? These were original to my 1965 R-190 which I've had since 1974.

image.jpeg.8b59bc1eec10441a9be806b7dd46acc8.jpegimage.jpeg.bb800c9ec70bc433873a4b457c9c62ed.jpeg

Never been out of the box I know of in all the years.

Rob

They would look awfully nice in the yellow truck.  

I'll drop it by the shop next time I'm up that way. My son now lives in Wheaton so don't go over on 20 any longer, but I'll chart a path before the holiday visit. I have some other older IH items so I'll look to see if you can use any of them.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

22 hours ago, Freightrain said:

My first truck was a '72 1210 2wd pickup.  Learned a lot working on it.  It was a ex township road truck(ya, beat to pieces and safety yellow).  345 would not pass a gas station.   Still like the utilitarian look of a IH pickup.  They sure did rust to pieces(like most vehicles of the day).  Mine came with no inner fenders(or hood hinges), floors were vaguely there, though the bed was welded up pretty solid.  I need to dig up the picture I have from 1982?

Sounds like the truck in the Alan Jackson song Drive!

• Like 2