2005 CV713 Voltmeter & 6-4 code with no start

No other fuses are blown that I'm aware of.  Until I removed the connections and cleaned them at the ECU the fuse on the firewall would blow immediately.  I cleaned up the connections today where it was toasted and it started, ran for maybe a minute and died with a blown ECU fuse.  Pulled it apart, cleaned it again, replaced fuse and got it to run long enough to dump the bed then it started missing really bad and I just shut it down.  I figured it was getting ready to blow another fuse so I was hoping to save enough of the ECU to get it loaded tomorrow. 

Edited by Deere Mack

6 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Nasty, if you don’t have your anti-capillary jumper in the coolant sensor circuit you certainly need to get that updated once you have this fixed. Just last week I found another truck without the harness. I popped the plug and it was full of coolant. In that case we caught it before it made the ECM trip.

Do you have a part number for this jumper? Or how it prevents capillary action? I need to make sure mine have it too.

Edit: Nevermind just did a quick search for anti capillary jumper and found it :) Pai 854049 Mack 20838672

Edited by ivanuke
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ivanuke said:

Do you have a part number for this jumper? Or how it prevents capillary action? I need to make sure mine have it too.

Edit: Nevermind just did a quick search for anti capillary jumper and found it :) Pai 854049 Mack 20838672

No air space in wire strands. Bonded with epoxy. It’s stiff to bend. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Nasty, if you don’t have your anti-capillary jumper in the coolant sensor circuit you certainly need to get that updated once you have this fixed. Just last week I found another truck without the harness. I popped the plug and it was full of coolant. In that case we caught it before it made the ECM trip.

I do not have an anti-capillary jumper but you can bet I will soon!  Thanks for that tip, I've never heard of such.