Do You Think Mack Will Ever Again Build a Truck Like This 2020 C500?

Still do with the exception of them having MP8's instead of Cummins or something else and a Granite cab on them.  We occasionally build some huge heavy duty trucks still but they all go out of the country.  Literally, All of them.  Can't complain they don't build something you aren't buying.  Most we've built have gone to South America.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian71583 said:

.  Can't complain they don't build something you aren't buying.  Most we've built have gone to South America.

I’ve read on here more than once from prospective buyers that Mack will not make the truck the buyer wants. Mack just wants to sell whatever spec’d truck they have sitting there. Titan as said before was overpriced and poorly marketed. Everything else is small bore and again from what others have said on here Mack/Volvo has zero interest in spec’ing a truck the way a customer wants unless they’re buying 100 of them. Pete’s and KW’s still do and apparently WS does as well. That’s why the new Rubber Duck is a Western Star and not a Mack. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

If you look through the options it's still possible to spec a Mack with some pretty heavy axles, suspension, and frame- For example they've done some 6 axle chassis for concrete placing equipment. But having only 505 Volvo horsepower is holding back the Mack brand in this market.

• Like 1

No one here knows for a fact that Mack can not build a truck like that C500. Go to a dealer and put your money where your mouth is and find out. I have seen pretty heavy concrete pumping chassis out there, like Maxidyne says. 

• Like 1

At the high efficiency highway end of the spectrum Mack has built a couple one off tractors for 4 truck operator Jamie Hagen and small fleet Ploger. Both are one offs, they're not even identical, featuring single drive axles with very long gearing, 14k front axles with thicker frame to suit, air lift pusher axle, and full aero and then some. These trucks are averaging 9-10 MPG!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackpro said:

Our local coal burning electric power plant here gets new GU’s every few years to haul the ash off to dispose of on site. I remember the drive axles were huge and the tires were about 4 feet high. Shockingly they had MP7 with manual trans but geared super low and top speed was around 38 mph. We always had to work on them there because they were to tall and slow and not road legal. The dump beds were enormous. 

That one I posted the picture of was sort of like that.  Rear tire/wheel package was HUGE.  Didn't even sit level.

4 hours ago, Mackpro said:

Our local coal burning electric power plant here gets new GU’s every few years to haul the ash off to dispose of on site. I remember the drive axles were huge and the tires were about 4 feet high. Shockingly they had MP7 with manual trans but geared super low and top speed was around 38 mph. We always had to work on them there because they were to tall and slow and not road legal. The dump beds were enormous. 

Post some pics of the trucks!

On 11/7/2019 at 1:06 PM, Brian71583 said:

Still do with the exception of them having MP8's instead of Cummins or something else and a Granite cab on them.  We occasionally build some huge heavy duty trucks still but they all go out of the country.  Literally, All of them.  Can't complain they don't build something you aren't buying.  Most we've built have gone to South America.

Would be neat to see these pics of heavy duty trucks you build.

15 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

I have trouble taking any "off road" truck serious that doesn't have a steel hood.

Thats kinda yeah well um dunno the right word there

However the Mack Big Foot I seem to recall was rated at 250 ton standard from the factory and was built to never be driven on the road and it doesnt have a steel bonnet or hood as you blokes call them 

A very very tough jigger

Paul