UAW strike spreads to Mack, could hamper production of Mack and Volvo trucks

kscarbel2

21 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Hahaha, yes, the fuel line video series and service bulletins to tell us how we must be bending #3 line to get it around the turbo protrusion plus not using proper torque tooling and thus causing all the fiery explosions! 

Volvo told me “fast stamp” installation at the factory caused the graphite lube to hydro-lock and make the MP cups/injectors not seal properly. They also said the dealership techs were the cause of much of the post-factory replacement cup failures due to mis-assembly. 

Recall the vision LCD dash boards that would fade to black if the sun shined on them and start working again after cool down. We’d replace them, then get it kicked back and have to fight tooth an nail to then finally get paid as “policy warranty”. Volvo denied any engineering flaw because the failed returns worked fine in the air conditioned, shaded, test facility. 

I’d say long standing tradition. 

Yup  Agree! And on It goes Now were having issues with the Headlights on the Anthems here !Can't keep them operating! Guess we will have a new online coarse to blame the techs for that to ! Having to rob trucks in the yard to keep Trucks on the road! the thing that is selling trucks here now is the fuel mileage . the new units appear to be Boasting some decent Numbers  Di-spite the Dollarstore fuel system they have gone with! So I may have to Stand Corrected With my prediction of poor quality on this change up !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fjh said:

Yup  Agree! And on It goes Now were having issues with the Headlights on the Anthems here !Can't keep them operating! Guess we will have a new online coarse to blame the techs for that to ! Having to rob trucks in the yard to keep Trucks on the road! the thing that is selling trucks here now is the fuel mileage . the new units appear to be Boasting some decent Numbers  Di-spite the Dollarstore fuel system they have gone with! So I may have to Stand Corrected With my prediction of poor quality on this change up !

Fuel savings add up fast. Our VOE’s are winning over Liehberr on fuel mileage. Simply because the Volvo’s deliver power and hydraulic flow at an idle with that D13 engine instead of the Liehberr 10 liter winding tight from key on till night parking.