Recent purchase 1984 MH

8 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Looks like alot of birch trees in Russia.

Yes, many of them. But there are areas which look different. Mostly were the ground is sandy.

Normandy.06.2019_10362_resize.jpg

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

17 hours ago, Brocky said:

Vlad, thanks again for taking the time to explain these matters. Your spoken English is very good, but it must be harder to work in the written English..

Seems opposit to me. When I write I have time to form my phrases. Also I'm able to keep attention to grammer. And after all is written I read over and put some corrections (I also do that when type in Russian). When you speak you put ready phrases, no time to think on how to use a word. That's why I prefere to write correct. I'm getting used to correct forms so when time to talk I could do it automatically. Another story is prononsation and recognizing people's answers. Real communication is required for that but I don't have much of. On the other hand language is a tool you should have a reason to use. So if I live in America or talk with people every day I would try to put my speach to perfect level. And as long as I just travel ocassionally and exchange letters with friends some fluent grade of English satisfys me. Actually English is a part of my hobby which makes the life more interesting and helps to see things wider. So i just enjoy it without putting extreme efforts into.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Whiskymack said:

Vlad, your English is coming along terrifically. I can't vouch for your spoken English having never met you but I can see that your writing has improved so much over the years. You certainly put me to shame! I can't write in any other language than English.

Alastair, thank you for the comment. I sure noted that now I type much easier than before and feel the order of words better. The issue (and respect to our members) the community is not critical to my skills and take me as is. It's comfortable but I don't see my mistakes. At the same time during the years when reading posts on here I see many phrases repeating so when I start saying another way I feel that I'm wrong. Worth to admit it's a very pleasant way of studying English to me since I both study the language and Mack trucks:)

Of writing in other languages I could do it relatively suitable in German until hoocked up on here. Now much less German communications because of more connections with English speaking people. But you are not a person who should feel ashamed of lack of any skill as long as your craftmanship is so high.

Unfortunately it's a trouble to me to get GB visa so looks like we could meet in a different country only.