Jump to content
other dog

Wow, I am flabbergasted...

Recommended Posts

I think I'll order one myself. Thanks for info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, alex g said:

I think I'll order one myself. Thanks for info

It is really a great book, no doubt. When I saw his post it was...bitter-sweet, I guess you'd say.  I was happy to see he was still with us, but it's a little sad to see that he has financial issues. It just seems wrong, but i'm going to help as much as I can too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds interesting. I will order one myself. The book, not the coloring book. Unless you want me to get you a coloring book, other dog. Or maybe that Pitt-Ohio driver wants one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks or sharing......excellent...bob


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Sounds interesting. I will order one myself. The book, not the coloring book. Unless you want me to get you a coloring book, other dog. Or maybe that Pitt-Ohio driver wants one? 

I always had difficulty staying within the lines in coloring books, but thank you for the kind offer. You will like the book, it really is good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s really cool. Interesting bio on him in the Amazon listing. Was in a sea rescue squadron in WW2.

Is that offer to purchase books recent? Or is he talking last Christmas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

That’s really cool. Interesting bio on him in the Amazon listing. Was in a sea rescue squadron in WW2.

Is that offer to purchase books recent? Or is he talking last Christmas? 

No, it is current. I couldn't send a message to that e-mail address, so I sent him a text message last night asking for an address, and he had answered this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost 96 and he texts. That's pretty awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeH said:

Almost 96 and he texts. That's pretty awesome.

yes, it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked the book out on Amazon and it's really pretty interesting.   You can preview the book and I read several pages which were really interesting.  I'm going to order from him rather than Amazon.   Thanks Odog for posting the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is his correct e mail

bishopsr@hotmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 7:48 PM, High Binder said:

I checked the book out on Amazon and it's really pretty interesting.   You can preview the book and I read several pages which were really interesting.  I'm going to order from him rather than Amazon.   Thanks Odog for posting the info.

That's what i'm going to do too, i'm going to get a money order and make it out to him so he'll get the money directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 11:29 PM, 41chevy said:

here is his correct e mail

bishopsr@hotmail.com

I knew the comma was wrong, it still failed to send after I changed it to a period so I just went with the text message.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, other dog said:

I knew the comma was wrong, it still failed to send after I changed it to a period so I just went with the text message.

 

DENISON'S ICE ROAD is a great book also if you can find it.

Worked for me after I removed the period after com too,  I don't text, facebook or tweet .

Have you called Bill to tell him of you betrothal yet??  He's getting up there too.

 

120625.thumb.JPG.147a31b2143a62311a2f2550ade68621.JPG

Edited by 41chevy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

 

DENISON'S ICE ROAD is a great book also if you can find it.

Worked for me after I removed the period after com too,  I don't text, facebook or tweet .

Have you called Bill to tell him of you betrothal yet??  He's getting up there too.

 

120625.thumb.JPG.147a31b2143a62311a2f2550ade68621.JPG

Yes, I talked to him, but he actually called me. He wanted to know if i'd gotten his last stories and the latest version of his book with those added stories. I told him that I had gotten them, and felt pretty ashamed that I had not acknowledged getting it. I thought I had sent him an e-mail, but apparently I had not!

And he had also recommended this same book to me before, but I have not ordered it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, other dog said:

Yes, I talked to him, but he actually called me. He wanted to know if i'd gotten his last stories and the latest version of his book with those added stories. I told him that I had gotten them, and felt pretty ashamed that I had not acknowledged getting it. I thought I had sent him an e-mail, but apparently I had not!

And he had also recommended this same book to me before, but I have not ordered it.

Don't order Denisons book yet, I have 2 copies I'll see where I put them so I could find them easily and give you one. It's in the boxes of books we /I never unpacked for Gails library. 

Edited by 41chevy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my books today! The coloring book is actually very good too, it's more of a book to read than a kid's coloring book. I haven't read it yet, but I will. Probably won't color any pictures though.

P1000790.JPG.e5365501f3083c3717283092d4599315.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...