Torque arm problems

kkheitman

So go find two or three good quality 1/8 thick  fediloy grade eight flat washers from a bolt supply place and stack them in there the results will bed the same!you can’t not have no washer s in this location or you’ll endup in the same spot again !Fastenall to name just one.

These brackets were once fabricated and held down by two bolts and spacers it is now casted!And now one bolt and a spacer over time they have cheapened things !

Edited by fjh

7 hours ago, kkheitman said:

Was at the mack dealer today and they don't show a washer in there

Quirky, I didn’t see it on PAI’s diagram either. The catch is the differential is under driveline and the bracket is under suspension. Somewhere in there, in parts limbo, is the spacer. If your willing to wait I’d get that number, stubbornness requires answers to be appeased.

Otherwise, If you put it on the four studs and it’s a little sloppy and forgiving.......washer time.

54 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Quirky, I didn’t see it on PAI’s diagram either. The catch is the differential is under driveline and the bracket is under suspension. Somewhere in there, in parts limbo, is the spacer. If your willing to wait I’d get that number, stubbornness requires answers to be appeased.

Otherwise, If you put it on the four studs and it’s a little sloppy and forgiving.......washer time.

I can wait if you can get the part number, that would be great

I also have had real good luck with Manders diesel years ago.Always dealt with terry manders, Shipped me a rebuilt DM/U cab, had all new padded interior, and never sent a nickle down, he said just send me a check when you can. good people.   terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, terry said:

I also have had real good luck with Manders diesel years ago.Always dealt with terry manders, Shipped me a rebuilt DM/U cab, had all new padded interior, and never sent a nickle down, he said just send me a check when you can. good people.   terry:MackLogo:

Yeah, same experience here, if you use them they treat you pretty well.

Had a local guy who bought a small fleet of matching auctioned trucks from them. One night he came in with a large cardboard box of random EUP’s. I was working on his engine miss. He said “Install these as needed and give me back any that don’t work. Manders gave me a box full and I turn in the ones that don’t work and pay them for the ones that do”. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

25095125    $3.66

I leaned on Manders Diesel. Those guys are the best informed Mack parts men I’ve met. They’re a Mack dealership and a salvage yard so the guys at the counter have all the crossover compatibilities in their heads. 

There was no picture of it in the system. Bill found it listed though as a “qty 1” item on the diff breakdown. 

Thanks for getting that part number dor me. That explains why the parts guy missed it. 

• 2 years later...

I have 2022 mack granit tri axle truck . Les than 10k miles broke front and rear axle torque arm bolts. Mack dealer replaced. 5 days later broke same bolts again. Need a permanent fix. All other suspension parts like new nothing worn out. This truck weight is 49 tons. 

1 hour ago, David beck said:

I have 2022 mack granit tri axle truck . Les than 10k miles broke front and rear axle torque arm bolts. Mack dealer replaced. 5 days later broke same bolts again. Need a permanent fix. All other suspension parts like new nothing worn out. This truck weight is 49 tons. 

49 tons is serious weight for any straight truck.  What is the application of it?  Pictures or a description of what suspension it has would help.

• Like 1