1974 Mack U Model for NEMF

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

I just recently did the same thing...but my boss told me to fly a kite...simply because we do tractor bidding over here and everything was already taken...now I’m stuck in this brand new kenworth I don’t like ,,,,bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terminal manager couldn't believe i didn't like the new truck. still in it hoping i can get an older one this week.

I worked in a union shop for about eight years and there seem to be two problems.  (1) The union and management routinely lie to each other so when the chips are down and the company says they're folding (which they've undoubtedly said before) the union doesn't believe them until it's too late.  (2) Union reps are like politicians in that once they get their jobs, they like them and want to hold onto them.  The best way to do that is to tell the membership what they want to hear, not necessarily what they need to hear which the membership usually is quick to buy into.  The union line of "We first at any cost" has ultimately cost them the farm.  BTW, that's a VERY nice U model.  I wasn't aware that the U's had the option of the flatback or +3 cab.  

On 9/4/2019 at 9:31 AM, james j neiweem said:

What was the new truck and why no lika?

international but i had a new anthem a year ago and gave it up. its not so much the trucks as all the beeping shit they put on them. back in my 07 international with 1.3 million on it, much happier.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...