Jump to content

guess what i bought from 1 picture


Recommended Posts

Awesome truck.  Were there short hood and long hood versions of the 359? If so I’d guess you have the shirt hood. Used to watch many Pete’s like that all dressed up to go logging. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carlotpilot said:

86?

83 with a big cam 3 400 cpl 0531 and a 13 speed

1 hour ago, carlotpilot said:

call and raise ya 2 extra headlights

012 (600x800).jpg

Iv always kinda dug the look of the round headlights on these. That is one sharp looking truck though

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

Awesome truck.  Were there short hood and long hood versions of the 359? If so I’d guess you have the shirt hood. Used to watch many Pete’s like that all dressed up to go logging. 

It's a short hood. Someone may correct me on this but I think on the 359 the long hoods were only to be able to accommodate certain engine options

Edited by Ezrider
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ezrider said:

It's a short hood. Someone may correct me on this but I think on the 359 the long hoods were only to be able to accommodate certain engine options

According to Wickerpedia, you're correct. In 1987 they replaced it with the 379.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, j hancock said:

On your drive home, you weren't sitting on the floor...?

what a dirty old kw seat, with no air hooked up held in by 2 bolts and no seatbelts installed wasn't good enough for you? not every project comes home sitting on a milk crate....lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Terry T said:

These are the two 359's that I drove for my farmer friend for years until he replaced them with a couple 379's. Black one is an '85 and the green one is an '83.

83 359 Pete.jpg

 

83 359 Pete 1.jpg

That black one is looking sharp!

  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, other dog said:

That black one is looking sharp!

It was a 3406, 400 with a 15speed deep reduction. The DR was a flip switch on the dash on the passenger side.   

Another angle of it.

83 359 Pete 2.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Question! What is the proper way to park the wipers on a 359? l always kept them vertical in the center of the windshield.   .....Hippy

if they're Air wipers???

Wherever they Stop.....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Terry T said:

It was a 3406, 400 with a 15speed deep reduction. The DR was a flip switch on the dash on the passenger side.   

Another angle of it.

What's a DR?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Question! What is the proper way to park the wipers on a 359? l always kept them vertical in the center of the windshield.   .....Hippy

I had some old Pete brochures and my recollection is that the trucks were photographed with the wiper blade in the horizontal position.

I like them vertical as well. 

A lot of modern Pete drivers that sit on the floor need them vertical so the blades don't block their line of sight!

  • Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...