Steve 97

2000 e7 460 no jake once oil hot

Looking for some info on jake oil line DIY jakes stop working once the oil gets up to temp check all power and solenoids they working good

It loses oil pressure/flow to actuate jakes in lower RPM because of oil not making it to engine top with sufficient volume and pressure. 

What do you want to know about? Installation of kit? DIY? 

Ya just if there’s a way to make the oil lines up my self and if that will solve the problem I did oil pump and new crank bearings it has lots of oil psi 50psi + at 1500 rpm 

We usually start with a rebuild kit and oil lines. Can you even get the rebuild kit anymore? I thought I heard they were no longer available, but I could be wrong there.

Ya we have one kit here just wasn’t sure if adding the oil lines would solve the problem 

8 minutes ago, Steve 97 said:

Ya we have one kit here just wasn’t sure if adding the oil lines would solve the problem 

I don't think I've ever successfully fixed one with just the kit, but have fixed many with kit and lines. Do both. Make sure you have the new style oil feed screws, and remove the little ball and spring from the bottom.

The kits usually had instructions in there.

Posted (edited)

Crank bearings are = or < critical than camshaft bearings in capturing the oil drop-out. Line kits help, it’s not a waste of time.  

Update Jakes

install externals (lines) w/flow check

high volume oil pump

p1 bearings on mains

new cam bearings if all else fails. 

Edited by Mack Technician

1 hour ago, steeler said:

I don't think I've ever successfully fixed one with just the kit, but have fixed many with kit and lines. Do both. Make sure you have the new style oil feed screws, and remove the little ball and spring from the bottom.

The kits usually had instructions in there.

Not sure they are fixable!

you can maybe improve  but fix not so much

Posted (edited)

Does a mechanical 1995 e7-350 fall under the same guidelines? One head always works, the other head works 80% of the time. Usually cuts out after pulling hard. Typically works again after going easy on the motor for a bit. 19,000+ hours on the motor.

Edited by JoeH

Truth be told.......Until Powerleash came on the scene Mack had never had a really great engine brake. 

• Like 1

Can a guy put the power leash on mine instead of trying to fix the jake

Had the same problem with my 2000 E7 460.  Added additional oil line kit and not much improvement.next oil change added 2 gallons of Lucas and 100 percent improvement.  

Do you have a picture of where to get the supply for the oil lines Lucas isn’t really a option in our winters up here 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Steve 97 said:

Can a guy put the power leash on mine instead of trying to fix the jake

No, unfortunately. A reverse engineered ASET AI is the closest you’ll get to your engine with a great brake. 

Edited by Mack Technician

Go to "Jacobs" website and check application, there was an update kit which provided additional oil pressure to brake. If you can't find I can provide the info. 

Ya I couldn’t find it I’m going to make my own lines just need to see where the spot is to put lines on the engine to get the oil to the jakes

There’s more than just lines in retro kit. You need bulkhead passages, flow checks, etc.

• Like 1