Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I am looking for a specific paint scheme from the 80's it was on a Mack calendar. I believe it might have been a mixer but it was a silver r model with red stripes over the hood back to cab and downward on doors 3 stripes about 2 inches wide each. If anyone can point me towards this specific paint scheme i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked through several Mack calendars from the 80’s that I have. These pics are the only ones I could find that look like what you’re describing.

7FB9A523-6505-4A9D-8E71-08BF2785EB96.jpeg

3DBC8597-5709-4ECD-AA39-B536353C32DD.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was a mixer it could be DM. Very similar schemes they had with only difference of the offset cab.

100_3407.jpg

rb_4775.jpg

gallery_3098_616_4441.jpg

Mack RB 600.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't you looking for this?

mackr model  interstater_zpspoizng1z.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Wasn't you looking for this?

mackr model  interstater_zpspoizng1z.jpg

I have a pic somewhere of a DM painted the same as this. Was in a Mack brochure I have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not what i remember but the stripes on the silver RS700L look cool Thanks all cool pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Wasn't you looking for this?

mackr model  interstater_zpspoizng1z.jpg

Somewhere that truck has a man standing next to it in an advertisement too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

First-Gear-132-Mack-R-Model-Mixer-Cement

 

 

DSCN1571.jpg

 

 

10584671733_e1b1987bb3_b.jpg

 

 

mack_r_mixer_6axle_lg.jpg

 

cya

Edited by Swishy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Swishy said:

First-Gear-132-Mack-R-Model-Mixer-Cement

 

 

DSCN1571.jpg

 

 

10584671733_e1b1987bb3_b.jpg

 

 

mack_r_mixer_6axle_lg.jpg

 

cya

The Bicentenial paint scheme is really cool always wanted to get a '75 or '76 R Model and paint it with that scheme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have drawn some stripes on a picture that roughly illustrate the stripes I remember from the 80's calendar I'm hoping this jars someones memory keep in mind the stripes would be on a solid background not the two tone Iimg002.thumb.jpg.2efaa2440d3eefb8b78c9f74dea9d10c.jpg have drawn on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rob said:

Somewhere that truck has a man standing next to it in an advertisement too.

Yeah Keith or Danny Partridge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

Yeah Keith or Danny Partridge 

I'm thinking it was an actual advertisement in a magazine. It wasn't a Hollywood actor I recognize and certainly would have either one of those two. I used to watch The Partidge Family show as a kid so knew the characters quite well.

Susan Dey is still very pretty to this day and is originally from about 20 miles distant from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice older photo. Does the truck still exist in that condition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There was a U model inside the back cover of the brochure that was silver with red stripes. The U model brochure was green on the front. Still can't post a picture here for you because something changed on the forum site. 

Edited by bbigrig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bbigrig said:

There was a U model inside the back cover of the brochure that was silver with red stripes. The U model brochure was green on the front. Still can't post a picture here for you because something changed on the forum site. 

My email is richbanaszak@yahoo.com if you send a pic there i would really appreciate it  Thanks Rich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Back In Black Pulling said:

  Something like this maybe6 27 2010 9;05;22 PM

cool looking Super dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1980 Mack Construction unit catalog.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:14 PM, Prowrench said:

I am looking for a specific paint scheme from the 80's it was on a Mack calendar. I believe it might have been a mixer but it was a silver r model with red stripes over the hood back to cab and downward on doors 3 stripes about 2 inches wide each. If anyone can point me towards this specific paint scheme i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

The Dealer 1980 MACK Construction Truck Brochure has it on the cover  along with a few other units.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lookin rig!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very similar to the U model paint.

Screenshot_20190716-220043.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bbigrig said:

Very similar to the U model paint.

Screenshot_20190716-220043.jpg

this is the one!!!! what is this a brochure? what year I'd like to see a side view Thank you so much!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Prowrench said:

this is the one!!!! what is this a brochure? what year I'd like to see a side view Thank you so much!!!!

This truck is in several brochures. Thus angle is from a DM model brochure in 1980. As 41Chevy stated earlier, the side view you are looking for is in the 1980 construction line brochure. I don't have a copy of that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...