I have a bent upper stainless mirror frame on my 74 Rl-797LST. I mentioned this to a buddy last evening and he is sending me a complete new kit/set of arms for both left and right along with heated bulldog mirror heads which are used but good. He had purchased the arms new to replaced rusting chromed ones but never installed them before selling his last R model. I got a text this morning informing they are in transit now.

Trouble is, I need to pay him a fair price for them and he is mute when talking compensation. I don't really need the mirror heads as the truck has stainless bubble back, MACK embossed mirrors that are nice. They are not heated but that has never been a problem in the past.

What do you guys think a reasonable value would be? I can't just let him give them to me as I'm sure he paid a good sum for them.

Thanks,

Hard to answer; sometimes buddy’s just want to help another 1 out. I always thought if I got something 1/2price of new buying out at places I was doing great. Got to have the shipping in there too.

At least 50% of cost or send something he wants or needs.

• Like 1

Thanks Swishy, good suggestion but neither of us drink alcohol. I understand that is some really good whiskey however but I've never sampled the product myself.

Send it to me then ,JD #7 is number six on my list after  Pappy Van Winkle ,Knob creek,Woodfords reserve,Jeffersons ,Makers mark.

If he has a wife/significant other Outback gift cards work great... Who turns down a good steak dinner??

On 7/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, gxbxc said:

Send it to me then ,JD #7 is number six on my list after  Pappy Van Winkle ,Knob creek,Woodfords reserve,Jeffersons ,Makers mark.

Would you like one of my marbles in the bottom of the bottle?

9 minutes ago, Brocky said:

If he has a wife/significant other Outback gift cards work great... Who turns down a good steak dinner??

You got a point there. His wife and him have some distance action going on right now and that actually may be beneficial. Never been to one myself but they have a presence in Peoria. I'll grab a gift certificate tomorrow when into town.

Thanks,

On 7/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, gxbxc said:

Last and only time I drank I woke up under a table with no shoes in Saigon in 1970 Never drank since. . .

• Like 1

I only made it to Saigon 4 times to get new aircraft, stated  at trans barracks and had to leave my guns with the MP's so I could go to the NCO club for a steak dinner and a cold beer .The drunkest I ever was was back in Quangtri when a bunch of us went on a bender (I was so sick)but the only one to get to the flight line the next morning ,for years after if someone even showed me a bottle of Segrams 7 I would get sick .Ah the good times of are youth. Now Sydney was a different story I don't think we were sober until the plane ride back to Da nang . We started drinking at breakfast with a bloody mary and didn,t stop until 2am that night. 

• Like 1