2019 Rubber Duck Truck Reborn???

Looks great Dan !!! "Martin" would be proud !!!!!!! Do you plan on installing the hood ornament?   OR.....  Just a thought...... Since we are kinda going in a new direction here.. Will you be casting your very own "REBORN" slightly similar version for the hood of this outstanding build??? Just a thought..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AWESOME!!! Great GoGo+ package.. Great pics too!!!  Well, I guess I have to start buying up as many 1/24 scale Western Star model kits as I can to build this now. LOL.. I need some advice on my project too if you don't mind me asking. I'll PM you if you have time. 

Martin Penwold would have to be in his 80's by now! (At least Kris Kristofferson is 83). Maybe one or both of those kids living up up in Spokane has taken up the mantle!

It's a great project though and is really looking good. It's still instantly recognisable to us Convoy fans and I don't know that the Duck would have had brand loyalty because when we first met him in song I seem to remember he was driving a Kenworth.

Personally I'd have imagined him moving on to a first generation Superliner which he'd have driven throughout the 1980's before replacing this with one of the last Superliners which would have seen him through to retirement!

Looking forward to seeing it all finished and the new website as well. I really miss the old one.

Link to my 2nd RD model.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...