1997 Mack 6 spd maxitorque

I am looking at a 1997 Mack DM with a 6 speed maxitorque transmission, its a ready mix chassis with 4:42 axle ratio

can someone tell me what ratios this transmission would have, I've searched the internet briefly and haven't found the info. I am most curios about 1st gear and 6th gear ratio.

thanks in advance for any info

My guess with that rear ratio, would be the older direct six speed, not sure how late the used them . The later overdrive six speed was generally in the 5.00's ratio. But you never know who has mixed things up over the years.    terry:MackLogo:

Very true.

A couple of examples.

TRXL107 or TRXL 107A   Low 1st  14.10,  Direct 1st  8.59,  2nd  4.99,  3rd  2.84,  4th  1.66,  5th  1.00

TRXL1071 or TRXL1071A    Low 1st 23.08  Direct gears are some as above

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

3 hours ago, j hancock said:

What is the transmission model number?

no idea, its listed as a 6 speed Maxitourqe that and the 1997 model year is the only info I have right now.

I am confused with the 4:42 axle ratio, I thought the mack trans had a .60 OD and typically used a 6:00 or lower axle ratio

The latest chassis I have seen a T-107 series transmission in, (original) was 1987. I think the T-20 series was new for 1988. Nothing concrete there however. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

6 hours ago, 03' Big Red said:

no idea, its listed as a 6 speed Maxitourqe that and the 1997 model year is the only info I have right now.

I am confused with the 4:42 axle ratio, I thought the mack trans had a .60 OD and typically used a 6:00 or lower axle ratio

They generally used that 2060 trans. with about a 5.50 ratio, but it hard to say what has been changed through the years, you need a pic or model no. of the trans to help you here.     terry:MackLogo: