Howard Trucking show

eddeere

Yep, Jerry still has a bunch of nice old iron - think he may have added another piece or two. Saturday we had dried out enough to get the wrecker round back to pull that truck out to get to the rears you need Carl, BUT I went to Howard's instead. I haven't forgotten about you.

The red B dump belonged to Dave McDonald and yes it is super nice piece - 237, fast rears, quad box and excellent rubber. Dave spared no expense on this restoration. Dave lost his battle with cancer in 2017. This is the only piece that Nancy has not sold yet - price $32,000. There is no way you could build this truck for that money so if you are interested in a restored dump that goes down the road, you better think hard about this one.   

I did not know Dave McDonald passed . He and  Nancy lived just a few miles from me . I met them at York or Macungie  a few years ago while admiring the B model dump got to talking and found they  lived close by . The B model  dump is about a perfect restoration . As fuzzy buzzard mentioned you could not build this truck  for the asking price . 

I've driven that dump at Gerharts..  It runs and drives like new.  Dave said he would get hassled for hauling dirt in it!  He told me that "not like I'm throwing rocks at it!". Though he did put a bucket of dirt in the window on me!!!  Nothing some water didn't clean up.  The cab is near perfect rust free piece.  Dave said it was a site truck that saw no salt.  The quad box is rebuilt and tight as new.  I was used to my sloppy, noisy triplex.

Had some guys show up at Edgewater on Saturday and tell me I needed to drop my trailer and run over to Jerry's.  I didn't realize it was the same weekend as my race down there.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 5/19/2019 at 9:13 AM, j hancock said:

Nice selection of trucks!

Also nice that it isn't raining although I see a puddle in the yard.  In my neighborhood, I can't remember when we had two sunny days in a row.

It rained Friday evening about 5.  Just as I got to the track.  Just enough to make a muddy mess.  Saturday was 90 and sun.

Larry

That almost looks like me running it?  It sounds more like a 673, then the 237?  I wonder what the year is on that video?  I know it wasn't that busy with people when I ran it.

Dave typically ran the bucket, someone would drive the truck and his wife Nancy would run the dozer pushing the dirt over the hill for Dave to scoop up.  He was not afraid to fill the bed up!!  No DOT to worry about LOL!!

The only downfall was the lack of power steering.  After a couple hours, my hands were getting a bit red(due to lack of gloves).  I told him that is why I liked my air assist.

Edited by Freightrain

Larry