Rob

Power Grease Gun:

Been kind of wanting one of these for a spell but too cheap to  make the purchase I suppose. In house mechanic has a Milwaukee 18V unit and I was using it to grease the telehandler yesterday. It's a lot easier and less cumbersome than my pneumatic type to use. Online research shows that little unit to develop 10k psi if needed too..... Also separated the truck and trailer I drive to grease up the 5th wheel and this power unit made it very easy. It doesn't move near the grease quantity my Ballcrank unit does, but it's a lot more portable.

Thinking that might be a good thing to ask for from the kids for father's day.

• Like 1

I bought a 20V Dewalt grease gun, just because we already had some Dewalt tools and batteries. Local stores wanted $400 for them. I got it online for not much over $100.

I had one spring pin on my dump truck I could not get to take grease. I tried jacking it up by the frame, I tried hot after a days work, etc. Then when I got the electric gun I tried it. There was a pop sound and it took grease perfectly again. I love them.

Milwaukee is a good brand too. My friend buys all those tools and they have been trouble free.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

I bought a 20V Dewalt grease gun, just because we already had some Dewalt tools and batteries. Local stores wanted $400 for them. I got it online for not much over $100.

I had one spring pin on my dump truck I could not get to take grease. I tried jacking it up by the frame, I tried hot after a days work, etc. Then when I got the electric gun I tried it. There was a pop sound and it took grease perfectly again. I love them.

Milwaukee is a good brand too. My friend buys all those tools and they have been trouble free.

I don't have many cordless tools at all myself. An older DeWalt drill and the battery packs are both dying. Both function but won't hold a charge overnight. They were new in about 2004 so a pretty good life. My son in law has access to discounted Milwaukee tools through his work so kind of leaning that direction. Milwaukee corded tools are very good and I have several.

Those frozen fittings can be difficult for sure. I have an "Alemite" branded impact grease gun and you fill this thing with grease, work it to purge the air by hand, snap it onto a frozen zerk and smack with a big hammer. It either blows the clog clear, or explodes the zerk!!

Thanks for telling of the DeWalt as I don't know anybody with one and that brand is very popular around here.

We use DeWalt grease guns at work and have always been real happy. We have both the older 18v and the newer 20v. 

I use a Lincoln grease gun. Been good to me but I’m sure any reputable name brand will serve you well. 

I know for manual guns, Alemite are really good. But I never saw one of those impact guns. And I always used to buy Lincoln but the last one I bought was junk. Maybe box stores like Canadian Tire get cheap versions of them? Are they still any good?

Ultimately the best grease gun I ever had was the Groenveld CPL auto greaser I ordered on my Paystar, LOL. I swear by those. But it gets hard to swallow an extra 4 grand when the prices of a new dump truck are exceeding $220,000 now.

I bought a Lincoln 10 years ago . One of the best tools I have . 

I don't have a grease gun, but I've been very pleased with both DeWalt and Milwaukee cordless tools.

Can’t go wrong with dewalt or Milwaukee I personally started with dewalt collecting cordless stuff however if I had it to do over I would go with Milwaukee just cause they have more tools to offer and are staying consistent with there battery style!

DeWalt 20v lithium gun in the truck shop and Milwaukee guns at the farm shop. Both are very very good. Well worth the money. 

Tractor Supply just put the De Walt on sale this week. I have one , would never go back to an air or hand one.

Anyone got the Dewalt 20V trouble lights? How are they?

I need a new trouble light, getting sick of changing bulbs and dragging a cord around. And like I said, since I already have Dewalt batteries and a charger was thinking of one of those.

My pneumatic setup is on a 50' spring rewind reel fed with a 100 pound barrel and has worked very well for a lot of years as long as something is in the shop. This portable thing was nice to be outside and able to grease well without hand pumping.

I have an LED "Bayco" drop light and it works very well. It pretty much resides on the charger when not in use and it's about four years old. I've not really noticed any decay to battery life yet but it's about 2.5 hours before it's noticably dimming. My son in law purchased that for me to lose my corded lamp. I still have it and a few flourecents around too which all work well but have a cord.

When I worked in the big shop working on a mack fleet I had use of grease gun line coming down from the rafters on a reel same as the motor oil . the last job had the rollaround grease drum my battery grease gun is way quicker. I had Lincoln 's for years now I have a snapon I like it better I got it on a special paid the same as a dewalt.

When I was working my shop I had a lot of the same setup; reels mounted in a housing above, in front of, and between two stalls. Washer solvent, 50/50 coolant, (green) 50/50 coolant, (Dex-Cool) 5W-20, 10W-30, 15W-40, NGLI-2 grease, and a corded drop light/cord all contained in a "Lincoln" branded housing. All the reels were "Reelcraft", and some pumps were Lincoln, some Graco, some Sandpiper, but all air powered. I still have everything including the storage reservoir(s) which are out back.

image.jpeg.fd988ecb1ed9c638dcb2a97b8113d1a4.jpeg

Not a very portable setup at all but sure would kick cars and trucks out quickly when I was into that type service business.

Looking for a cordless I pack gun,what’s your through?

we have 2 or 3 Lincolns at work. both get beat on and still keep going. been good guns. I bought a Dewalt one for home because I have all Dewalt batteries  and its heavy compared to the Lincolns

9 hours ago, Rob said:

When I was working my shop I had a lot of the same setup; reels mounted in a housing above, in front of, and between two stalls. Washer solvent, 50/50 coolant, (green) 50/50 coolant, (Dex-Cool) 5W-20, 10W-30, 15W-40, NGLI-2 grease, and a corded drop light/cord all contained in a "Lincoln" branded housing. All the reels were "Reelcraft", and some pumps were Lincoln, some Graco, some Sandpiper, but all air powered. I still have everything including the storage reservoir(s) which are out back.

image.jpeg.fd988ecb1ed9c638dcb2a97b8113d1a4.jpeg

Not a very portable setup at all but sure would kick cars and trucks out quickly when I was into that type service business.

I'm gunna go out on a limb and guess you're a Detroit man. LOL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

I'm gunna go out on a limb and guess you're a Detroit man. LOL.

More Mack really but I have a few Detroit two strokers around too. Always kinda liked that sound they made in years gone by.....

Couple of Caterpillars in the pile also.....

• Like 1