Sign in to follow this  
cfd511

2002 Mack rd

Anyone know a nice Alcoa rim that would look good on a 2002 Mack rd 10 wheel dump truck and the back spacing needed . Thanks 

My 2001 and 2000 they both need a polish job now but the 2000 looks pretty good when they cleaned up ..

White truck 2000 looks good with gangster look painted black lol

20180630_135054.jpg

00404_hxe5ScVVzs8_600x450.jpg

I believe the dimensions of rim is 22.5x12.25.they come in different offset . personally wouldn't get a rim with too much offset as it would defeat purpose of a the fender and throw mud back at you.

The backspacing is paramount to his question. Different chassis/axle combinations will require a rim with adequate offset to preclude digging the tires into the frame or suspension members. To rule out trial and error you need to measure the distance from the hub face to the frame or anything the tire could impact during wheel cut or cornering. From there you use the measurements of the actual diameter and width of the inflated tire to be run and check for clearance while the wheels are turned lock to lock. This is easy to do with a yard stick or straight edge, and a tape measure from the wheel hub.

Those large tires get kinda expensive to tear them up by rubbing.....  

Generally the first thing you hit with wrong backspace is tie rod end.    terry:MackLogo:

51 minutes ago, terry said:

Generally the first thing you hit with wrong backspace is tie rod end.    terry:MackLogo:

Or draglink.

• Like 1

Or shock absorber.

• Like 1

did i miss where he tells us what size tire he wants to run?

5 hours ago, 6368 said:

did i miss where he tells us what size tire he wants to run?

I had to drop down from 425 to 385 because my tire would rub against draglink.

Posted (edited)

Seen that plenty when folks turn the spindle stop bolts in to decrease the turn radius. Most don't know the proper way to do it either. 

Edited by Rob

What is the proper way to do it? 😀  My 95 rd688s steers like the Titanic, we have adjusted it to get about as much out of the 315s as we can reasonably get.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

What is the proper way to do it? 😀  My 95 rd688s steers like the Titanic, we have adjusted it to get about as much out of the 315s as we can reasonably get.

Twisting the bolts in is the easy part. You then need to adjust internal relief valves in the steering gear to bypass hi pressure when against steering lock otherwise high temperature hydraulic fluid and shortened component life are the result. Aged/abused sealing rings internal to the steering gear although still working will require much greater steering effort from the driver as a result.

• Like 1