Was moving my R-612ST around yesterday and found it strange I could not back up a slight incline around the rear of the shop where I park a lot. It was raining and slick, but the tire slippage was a bit more than I'm used to. Adjusting my spot mirrors so I could see the drives from the seat, it was clear the automatic power divider was not operating and the noise of it slipping was evident with the window down. Don't really have time to work on it right now but will need to before going back to work with the truck later in the summer. I'm planning to haul sod for my part time employer and will need both axles driven when off road.

Never been into the rears of this truck so know nothing about the innards conditions. I'll probably pull it apart before ordering anything to ensure the outer cam and cage condition before tying up the spot in the shop.

Ordered new peanuts and inner cam this morning from my PAI supplier. At this writing I don't know if I have fine, or coarse splines on the shafts so only went with these parts which are the same regardless. They can be returned if need be once I get into the repair(s) if additional/different parts are needed. There are complete rebuild kits available too but they get into a few more $$$ than just the parts ordered now. We'll see but hopefully I can pull it apart and go right back together with it.....

• Like 1

I did install the inner cam, peanuts, (wedges) and an O ring seal for the housing and the problem appears to be repaired. I can back up both the original hill, and a much steeper one without tire slippage on dry ground now. Never could back up the steep hill in the past so an improvement for sure. Gone is the noise from the slippage also. Pretty easy job once the driveshaft is out of the way.

• Like 1