autocardc

New Autocar Conventional Truck

15 hours ago, Red Horse said:

BEAUTY-JUST NEEDS SPOKES ON THAT FRONT AXLE!

Wobblers in NYC? Career job for a tire service.

11 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Hah-I didn't say anything about.."what runs true".  I'm saying what looks good on an old beast-IMO😎

They look good on any vocational truck, new or old!

2 hours ago, autocardc said:

They look good on any vocational truck, new or old!

Well I would agree with that too-but I would bet spokes are not even available as a regular production option today with all the class 7 and 8 builders.  Maybe 10 years ago here in NE you could always find in dealer inventory a new Mack speced for a heavy dump application with spokes.

Not so today.

33 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Well I would agree with that too-but I would bet spokes are not even available as a regular production option today with all the class 7 and 8 builders.  Maybe 10 years ago here in NE you could always find in dealer inventory a new Mack speced for a heavy dump application with spokes.

Not so today.

Totally agree with you, Mack stopped over five years ago. When nycdot stopped using spokes that says something. Why Autocar would be smart to smart to offer them on their new dc, make them stand out from the crowd.

Autocar Trucks Press Release  /  May 28, 2019

You want to talk #AlwaysUp? It's our honor to celebrate Larry Taylor's 47 years of service to the City of Roanoke, VA mostly as night shift supervisor doing maintenance on refuse trucks. Larry is receiving his award in front of Roanoke's new Autocar #ACMD Rear-Loaders. Larry says all of the Autocar trucks he's worked with for the last 30 years have been very reliable, with repairs on the truck cab & chassis rarely needed. Congratulations, Larry!

Photo 5.jpg

(Corrected)

Now what is going on here?

1. The Autocar rep (left) appears like he doesn't want to be there. The look of confidence.....or doubt?

2. The plaque has no inscription.......just a piece wood with the Autocar logo.

I've never cared for the XPERT model. Yes, The XPERT and the Crane Carrier COE2 prove that America still produces COE trucks. However, the COE2 is ancient and the XPERT has a hideous looking equally ancient Chinese cab derived from an old MAN design. Autocar isn't helping it's cause here, more so demonstrating how weak it's dealer body is.....a subject we already touched on. They can't depend solely on direct sales to large fleets if they want to reboot with the new conventional cab range and grow.

http://www.qixingauto.com/html/2017/heavy_0325/133.html

https://www.autocartruck.com/acmd/

https://www.cranecarrier.com/pages/cab-over-engine

I'm going to to go out on a limb here and say that the mechanic is the guy on the right not the left but yeah they could have had a better plaque and photographer

• Thanks 1

For sure guy on right is city employee.  As for the Autocar "rep", must be from the local dealer-and he doesn't look like he wants to be there😩.   He also probably didn't read the memo that says...."Before presenting plaque to recipient,  attach appropriate inscription".

37 minutes ago, gicknordon said:

You can still get a mack with spokes.

Have you seen any new trucks with them in the past few years?

That Rep looks hungover as F........

1 hour ago, Dirtymilkman said:

That Rep looks hungover as F........

Roach Coach Burrito's will do that too.

c83c9a71ac103eadebb85074b5d0794176adcf6a3d21ae51f3b64755813edfc7.thumb.jpg.701177a8ab4c395de035bf123901a4da.jpg

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

The Autocar website "still" does not mention the new DC-64R. What in the world???

https://www.autocartruck.com/trucks/

I have checked their site a few times after the release.. I was questioning why there was no mention of it yet. It seems this was almost a soft release to gain interest in the new model. Are they not ramped up yet for production?

Well, I just got another new Star, so they got about 5 years to get it all sorted out, LOL.

I am still very interested to see more.

12 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

I have checked their site a few times after the release.. I was questioning why there was no mention of it yet. It seems this was almost a soft release to gain interest in the new model. Are they not ramped up yet for production?

They are going to start manufacturing in the fall with the first trucks being delivered by the end of the year.

Autocar Trucks Press Release  /  June 13, 2019

Atlantic Petroleum was dominant in Pennsylvania and naturally was a loyal Autocar customer. This tough 1932 Autocar model 2G was probably delivering a load of White Flash brand gasoline, which ran about 18 cents/gallon.

Photo 5.jpg

• Like 1