New Autocar DC-64 Conventional Truck

autocardc

• 2 weeks later...

Be nice to see the R model cab assembly reproduced in aluminum and supplied to independent truck builders for fitment. I always liked that "driver's cab" layout except for the propensity to rust. 

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

I still question why we have only seen about 5 pictures total of this truck? no close in detail photos or anything.

Aside from prototypes, I imagine there is only one show truck, until production begins in the fall.

• 1 month later...

The all-new Autocar DC-64R has the most productive and comfortable vocational cab. Period. Its huge operator space gives enough room for the big XXXL guys, but it’s also laid out to be comfortable for smaller men and women too. Every gauge is easily visible and every switch falls under your hand.

Check it all out on Autocar's website: https://zcu.io/L8mN #AlwaysUp #AutocarDC

Always Up - Autocar Trucks

Photo 5.jpg

• Like 1

Automatics in Autocar conventionals are nothing new, Autocar was always strong in vocational markets like refuse and transportation departments where automatics are common. The triplex and quadraplex transmissions were Mack exclusives and I doubt any were factory installed in Autocars. Probably the most common transmission you'll find in an Autocar conventional are the Eaton vocational manuals like the 8LL.

Sorry for the  confusion we all ways called 5 x4 a quad and 5x3 a Tri  no matter what it was in most the ones I drove were 5x4.   Didn’t get drive one with Eaton very often.  I always drove heavy one usually in a dump or mixer or low bed tractor

• Like 1

Still not gonna find a lot of twin sticks and even air shift auxiliaries in Autocars since the late 60s- Once Eaton Fuller's 13 and 15 speeds offered the deep reduction and close splits formerly only available with twin transmissions, most Autocars were built with Eaton and later increasingly Allison transmissions.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

A little more torque would be great. You spend all that money, you want a little more power on tap. 

For the applications of the short nose models, the X12 is all the engine people need.

The longer nose model will have the X15.

I heard some upscale hotel managers in Paris are looking for you, saying you pulled a Joe Walsh in some rooms.

3 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

For the applications of the short nose models, the X12 is all the engine people need.

The longer nose model will have the X15.

I heard some upscale hotel managers in Paris are looking for you, saying you pulled a Joe Walsh in some rooms.

Its been a hell of a month........stay out of Paris 

There’s no confirmation that the X15-powered model will have this same hood styling.

it might very well be different, and more to everyone’s liking.

For a maneuverable short-BBC construction/refuse truck, I think this short nosed model is impressive.

• Like 1

Maybe... But most of these trucks will be bought by fleets, not owner operators looking to impress the other drivers at the truck stop. Even vocational fleets are looking for better aerodynamics and sloping hoods are good for visibility too. At least they gave it a chrome grill so it don't look like a Mack!