Engine Compatibility 2012 Pinnacle

Dan107

Okay, I've spent the past few hours searching the site with no luck.  So if this has been asked and answered in the past, I apologize!

I have a 2012 Pinnacle and am looking for compatible engine's that will fit this frame.  I pull overweight, nothing extreme, 84K.  The MP8 just doesn't have the muscle most of the time but the weight of the tractor is perfect for what I pull.  Is there any pre-emission engines that would be a fit for this frame that wouldn't take an engineer to retrofit?  Again, I apologize if this has been asked, but any help is appreciated. 

First off, at 84,000 pounds even the lower rated MP8s should give you at least 10HP/Ton so adding power isn't going to get you there any faster. As far as engine swaps, anything is possible but your going to spend months and maybe years making something bigger fit and making the electronics work (your 2008 doesn't even have a mechanical throttle linkage, it's all electronic.), better to spend that time out earning money with the truck. And you want a "pre-emmission engine"? Your talking early 80s or older, the emission regs go back that far and it was the 98, 01, 04, 07, and 10 regs that got tougher to meet and had more problems. Top power in a Mack back then was 500 HP from the V8, it won't fit under your 2012's short hood, and the MP8 can be turned up to 505 HP assuming your truck has a compatible drive train.