something very strange

c-mac

I working on a 2012 chu613 with an mp8. Its equipped with the hydrocarbon dosing module and turbo bypass valve. The regen light was flashing 88% soot level. when attempting regeneration the dosing vale status is 0% and purging air, fuel pressure is 65+. I put a new dosing module on because I had one doing about the same thing and it took care of it. now for the weird stuff. while I was regening I noticed the battery voltage was 14-16.5 volts. I was thinking the system may be malfunctioning due to the high voltage. So if figured I would disconnect the alternator  and try with just battery voltage. Got back in the cab and had no power to anything. no lights flashers or anything. while inspecting with my power probe I touched the ground side in the power outlet and it detected 12.5 volts. Just for kicks I hit the ground button on my probe while touching  ground of the power outlet heard a relay click and everything powered up of a second or two. hit the ground again it powered up again and stayed on. Started the engine and tried to regen but still have the same problem with just purging air. Any ideas about whats going on?