Engine stand

Hobert62

I've got a home made one our spare parts endt676 is sitting in. It's got legs bolted to the flywheel housing and I forget what up front. I think that engine has threaded bosses on the side/front of the engine, because we had the timing cover off it a year ago to steal the camshaft.  Legs are welded to C channel bases that are web section up so our forklift can come in and grab it from the side.

• Like 1

The one I remember looked just like a hand powered pump pallet jack. I think it was grey in color and had a cat on it i think. I don’t have a forklift but I do have several jacks I can use to make one.   I want it to be semi portable 

20 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

The one I remember looked just like a hand powered pump pallet jack. I think it was grey in color and had a cat on it i think. I don’t have a forklift but I do have several jacks I can use to make one.   I want it to be semi portable 

Make one on wheels. My book says an e7 weighs about 2300-2500 depending on dry or wet. So 4 600# casters should hold it nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a work stand to me! Oil pan looks like it can come off, and much taller and you won't be able to see under the valve covers! Pretty much identical to ours, except ours is set up for a forklift coming in the side.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Not real savvy on IDing motors, but I'm guessing Cummins?

Yes.  8.3l 505 cubic inch.  6ct.     Basically a big brother to what’s in the dodge pickups.   As I type this I think I’m in your back yard.  I’m switching trailers at the Lowes in Havertown.   

It’s replacing my 673 in the B.   I got a rto6613 to go behind it.  I found a steering box I think will work to move it to the outside of the frame and add power steering.   Going to go do some measuring  today on the box.  

You can get about 375hp out of those reliably but don't push more than that; in fact I'd limit to 350. Had several on generator sets and they can snap a crank with a hard load impressed upon them. It's a more robust design through the main saddles than the 5.9ltr, (360ci) engine and does fine when treated respectfully.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

On 4/18/2019 at 10:58 PM, Hobert62 said:

Yes.  8.3l 505 cubic inch.  6ct.     Basically a big brother to what’s in the dodge pickups.   As I type this I think I’m in your back yard.  I’m switching trailers at the Lowes in Havertown.   

Havertown is 20 or so miles from me, not quite my back yard but if you're from out of state then yes, you were certainly out my way!