St. Louis Construction Trucks

autocardc

It very well could be South County Concrete as I don't remember "Ready Mix" on the trucks. Too little to be for certain however as it's been the late 1960's to early 1970's. As mentioned almost every truck they had was a REO, and were white with blue frames and rims. Too long ago to remember if spokes or Budd hubs but very large front tires and "Rocket" mixers. All had the overhead water tanks as I recall. 

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Going to do that on a CX next week. The HVAC unit just came in and an aluminum box is being fabricated to house the 3400W inverter/generator to run it.

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

Well all be, a Pete with a duck on the hood. 

Maybe his normal steed, (Mack Granite w/MP8 engine) was in the shop again?

Just a guess.

Edited by Rob
  • Haha 2

Part of the former Schilli yard in E. St. Louis operations. Used to be several of them there to right derailed cars and such upon need. Last one I seen operate was the track intersection at Gustine and Itaska streets in south St. Louis when they rebuilt the intersection after an ore train derailed. The "Golden Eagle" line used to really roll through there and provided us with ample supplies of slingshot ammunition. International Shoe provided us with all the leather we could use, Monsanto the rubber bands, and a cordage company, (of which the name slips me) provided the string. All we needed was a Willow branch of which there were several in the neighborhood and Carondelet Park was loaded with them too.

Cops never bothered a kid with a big ole slingshot hanging out of his back pocket and a large bags of ammo hanging on his sides. I'm sure times have changed however.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...