inter-lock diff only

mojazzn

On 3/18/2019 at 12:26 AM, mojazzn said:

Looking at new truck do you think that Inter-lock diff and full locking diff are both necesssary on 66k tri axel dump truck? The dump truck has inter-lock dif, not full 4 locking diffs.

Do you have  Mack CRD202-202-203 Tridem or a Meritor RZ166 Tridrive? Mack axle Power-Divider/Inter axle differential has automatic torque biasing and helpful for traction. In this case Inter-axle lock might suffice but Inter-Wheel diff lock will be helpful. The new Mack CRD180-180-181 Tri-Drive will have both Inter-axle and Inter-wheel lock.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Really depends on what type work you plan to do.

If going off road type work, get full lockers (Think soft or muddy ground)

If you will be on the hard road all the time, just inter-axle will be fine

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

had full lockers on my pete...never, never, never used them to get IN.  regular diff lock to get IN. full lockers to get OUT.  as far as I am concerned,if you want me to get in...fix the road.  If you use the full lockers to get IN, you'll either break something or won't be able to get out.  Regular diff lock should be fine. That is why they make dozers!

• Thanks 1

The stuff I do on site with a tractor trailer dump truck the full locking rear and locked in power divider on a dash switch has gotten me out of stuff that a Mack auto power divider would never have. The mack auto power divider is great for normal dirt work and starts working before you feel the need for it. But if you do any site work in slick mud where you need to stop and start with more traction the locking rears are a huge help. You do need to know your limits. if the truck is sunk and does not want to move dont force it. get a chain. you also want to have a HD drive line for the added stress

just my .02

• Like 2