G Model lifting weights

6 hours ago, j hancock said:

Kool Pic!

Wrecker is an H model Mack.

Time to do oil changes on the little trucks...?

I have in in the file listed as an H63 course G is next to H on the key board. . .:huh:

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Body would most probably be a Holmes 750 or 850.

7d6838cea1c37d0a8e4e5ca704ddfedf.jpg.a50c7d4b2bc881732a38e7805cb4cf65.jpg

e938ef04d78068f84f56bd1629e4c5a6.jpg.c0ff3730c49461cbc275beb1c7af544d.jpg

14090868658_a0c7cd4024_b.thumb.jpg.a253bb97929cfb52f5bb8ad6c637e84b.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 3/18/2019 at 9:44 AM, gxbxc said:

Those little trucks probably only weigh about 10,000 Lbs , I would say the old mack should be able to do twice that ,depending on the boom size and winch ratings

I think they each weigh a bit more than 10K.  I still carry some of my towing equip/tools on by K2500 Chevy and with my concrete ballast for the blade in the bed it weighs in at 7,100# without the blade. I ran it across our scale at work & it was 3,280 steer, 3,820 on the drive.

11-21-09e.JPG

5 hours ago, Rob said:

All the 850 Holmes bodies I worked on had external bridging straps on the booms. We put this truck together in 1981 on a 1973 Autocar chassis:

image.jpeg.0dd45e8ca2a7c7b94a616cdeb8612dfa.jpeg

So than the Holmes catalog is in correct?

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Couldn't tell you. Never seen anything larger than a 500 without the bridging myself and was around several of them until the hydraulic beds started taking over.

I should have said the 480 series and above had the bridging. The 440 and smaller had smooth tubes IIRC but I've slept since then.

Never messed with Holmes, Had a few Weldbilts and was a dealer for Century and Challenger in the late 1970s. Not many on Long Island ran Holmes because Weldbilt and Challenger was local.  Did have a C30 1965 Chevy  with an Electric Manley 454 with tunnel ram and Hydro for a chase truck, closed I strayed from  Weldbilt and Century. Maybe the booms with out the bridging was an East Coast thing.

P.T.CHESHIRE