Rob

Another ebay find:

Wow, good luck with that!

Holey ba-jeezus!!!!  WTH do people think?

• Like 1

I just saw 2 used spark plugs for sale on Marketplace for $87, in Lynchburg. Says they're in fair condition though.  And a 400 Pontiac engine for $12,000? Stock engine, not rebuilt or anything, '79 I think it was. Sounded kind of high to me, but maybe they bring that much, I don't know.

I really wouldn't have a clue either but really don't need one at this time so won't "rob" someone else of the opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

I really wouldn't have a clue either but really don't need one at this time so won't "rob" someone else of the opportunity.

Seems like a car should be included for that kind of money.

The 400 Pontiac engines of the mid to late 1960's into the mid 1970's were very good engines. Especially the "Ram Air III, and IV" series. The "IV" series was four bolt main caps, forged crankshaft, large journal surfaces, and large valve heads. I had one in a 1969 GTO "Judge" and it was a very strong running car. Had two other GTO's with "Ram Air III" engines and they ran well also. They were a slightly detuned engine with a forged crankshaft, two bolt maincaps, smaller valves and combustion chambers in the heads. Both series were very reliable in operation.

If the engine is either of those two series it would be worth more money that a run of the mill 400. 12K is still a bit exorbitant however if it doesn't have a matching numbers "A", or "F" body car along with it.

• Like 1

I don't know, I went back to look and couldn't find it. In the 70's a friend of mine had a '68 or '69 Firebird with a 400 in it- completely stock- and it was scary fast.

They were shit kickers in their day for sure. I only had a single Firebird, (1968) and I installed an older "421" engine from a 1963 Bonneville into it. It was a former drag car and I sold it to a guy whom put it back to work in that duty after freshening up the engine. I only test drove it and it too would set you back in the seat as it had a spool in the rear end and Mickey Thompson L60-14 tires that really didn't like to spin.....

All three of those GTO's I had very very fast for their day. However several of the factory cars had strong engines available. Good straight line performance with poor handling and brakes.

Oh, here it is-
400 pontiac big block
Roanoke, VA · 6 hours ago · 
$12,345
53317810_2621006134593066_7049172953539280896_n.jpg.d2649d625fbab5ce4a5182b2dced4860.jpg

ENGINE IN PIC IS NOT MINE. will have pics in the morning. I have a 400 pontiac big block from a 79 trans am complete engine for trade for a 350 small block. 400 has been on an engine stand for quite some time and more than likely needs a good reseal. Less

Yup, that's a Pontiac V8 alright. Not too many produced with a 400 Pontiac engine in 1979. Most were 403 Olds engines. Most I worked with/on were with the Olds engines for sure as they were very popular at the time.

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Yup, that's a Pontiac V8 alright. Not too many produced with a 400 Pontiac engine in 1979. Most were 403 Olds engines. Most I worked with/on were with the Olds engines for sure as they were very popular at the time.

That says 6.6 in the picture, isn't that a 455?

No. It was their engine callout for the 400cid engine(s). It was used on both the Pontiac, and Oldmobile engine'd cars.

I went to the Mack store and tried to find the "vintage" script Mack hat .  No luck.  Though all the rest were only $21 each..........not $148!!!

I was hoping to find it and then link it to that seller.  Just to see if I could get a FO out of them?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Holey ba-jeezus!!!!  WTH do people think?

.....that Mack truck owners make way too much money!  ha   .....Hippy

Apparently people think a lot of their stuff in Roanoke. This might be reasonable- if it had an engine and transmission in it, but it does not. No glass either, except the one vent glass.
1966 Chevrolet Nova
Roanoke, VA · over a week ago · 
$10,000
52602377_10157275404558092_2713669459846889472_n.jpg.242fa3eca5b4b4c25fa0516bda95c985.jpg

• About This Vehicle
    •  
    • Driven 11,111 miles
    •  
    • Automatic transmission
    •  
    • Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Black
    •  
    • Fuel type: Gasoline

Seller's Description

1966 nova ROLLER. car has new quarter panels, floor pans, fenders, hood, and trunk pan. Have all trim to go with car as well as seats and dash. Have many parts to go with car as well. NO TRADES!! 10K OBO Less

47 minutes ago, other dog said:
Apparently people think a lot of their stuff in Roanoke. This might be reasonable- if it had an engine and transmission in it, but it does not. No glass either, except the one vent glass.
1966 Chevrolet Nova
Roanoke, VA · over a week ago · 
$10,000
52602377_10157275404558092_2713669459846889472_n.jpg.242fa3eca5b4b4c25fa0516bda95c985.jpg

• About This Vehicle
    •  
    • Driven 11,111 miles
    •  
    • Automatic transmission
    •  
    • Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Black
    •  
    • Fuel type: Gasoline

Seller's Description

1966 nova ROLLER. car has new quarter panels, floor pans, fenders, hood, and trunk pan. Have all trim to go with car as well as seats and dash. Have many parts to go with car as well. NO TRADES!! 10K OBO Less

Sure shows a lot of wear for such low mileage. 

• Haha 1

The hat comes with the wig, duh!

People in Lynchburg are proud of their stuff too-
53030554_2317219214974998_1045126282267852800_n.jpg.44553ffc6523a057859adf88d1264f2b.jpg

2 used spark plugs
Lynchburg, VA · over a week ago · 
$87

2 used spark plugs

Condition
Used - Fair

Seller Information

Ten Gs for a shell......ahahahahahaha I really like those models but I doubt he will get that .....bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be worth it if it was an SS or something special.  It's not noted as such.  Seems a lot has been done, but that doesn't make it worth $10K!

I just took the plugs out of the race car, I wonder if I could get a few hundred for a full set of 8???  They're only like $5 each new.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, mowerman said:

Ten Gs for a shell......ahahahahahaha I really like those models but I doubt he will get that .....bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too Bob, 66 and 67 Chevy II's are some of my favorite cars ever- like 66 and 67 GTO's and Chevelles, but that price seems more than a little ridiculous.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:51 AM, Freightrain said:

It might be worth it if it was an SS or something special.  It's not noted as such.  Seems a lot has been done, but that doesn't make it worth $10K!

I just took the plugs out of the race car, I wonder if I could get a few hundred for a full set of 8???  They're only like $5 each new.

No- according to my research, if 2 used plugs are worth 87 bucks, 8 would be worth 696 dollars. Being as yours are out of 

1. a real race car-

2. a true american classic race car-

that tells me that yours should be worth about $14,867.14!