Mack truck e7 CX613 2001 low boost intermittent.

Ali Carmona

I too would look for something common as that is a lot of different areas to ring codes from at once. Look for a shared ground which is a common culprit supplying branch circuits.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob and 1965 are right, check fluid levels and ground connections. If you're low on fluids they'll overheat, giving you a code. Make sure battery cables are clean of any corrosion and are tight. Check air filter, make sure is clean and not restricting air flow. 

I had just got off a 12 hour overnight plowing snow, so I wasn't typing straight. Could be bad sensors, but also could be that sensors are trying to tell you there's problems. Regardless, you're a far cry from needing an engine rebuild.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:24 AM, Ali Carmona said:

hello, I have a Mack CX613 2001 with e7 engine, the truck has problems of boost preasure, sometimes it works normally with 30psi or more, but most of the time the pressure drops between 25-20psi, we already check the turbo and it is in perfect condition, change the joints of the turbo pipes, change the metal hose that goes from the air compressor and passes behind the engine, every time we do something it improves a little, but after 2 days of being operating, the psi again go down to 20-25psi, plus it is remarkable the lack of power when this happens, plus I noticed that sometimes the engine shuts down when I go on the road and I have to stop, remove the ignition key and when I try to turn it on, it lights without any problem, but the symptoms of low boost are not solved, also is good to mention that the pressure of the oil is also in between 40-50psi when operating temperature, the engine is getting worst really slowly but gradually if someone knows the reason of these problems and why they are generated, I would be grateful to guide me in what I can do to solve the problem. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you making out with the truck? Get any sensors sorted out yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes let me tell you: finally I tuck the truck to another mechanic recommended by my friend, and he figure it out that the turbo cooler was having an air leak and the head gasket needed to be replaced because it was leaking a lot of coolant, also he calibrate the valves and after this repairs the truck is running really good. It is having a lot of boos like it was before. Thanks very much for your help. The gasket from the intake was good so it wasn’t needed to be replaced, about the sensors, I figure out that they were not the reason for the low boost. The truck is running really smooth now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1