Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
66dc75

I THINK I GOT A GOOD DEAL

Recommended Posts

The 6.5 was one of the best sounding engines at a idle. Just make sure you put the Duramax fan on it and relocate the PMD. You can also get some real good radiators for them now. Cooling was the real killer of these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

PMD is new and relocated on a heat sink behind the grille which was nice to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good RP!  For a plow truck, the frame is really clean.  Previous owner must have washed it off thoroughly after every use.

Transmission, deck board, rear tires, paint... 

Knowing you, it will be done by lunchtime next Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Looks good RP!  For a plow truck, the frame is really clean.  Previous owner must have washed it off thoroughly after every use.

Transmission, deck board, rear tires, paint... 

Knowing you, it will be done by lunchtime next Friday!

Original owner bought it to plow for the town. First time out got it hung up and stuck, decided plowing was not for him and never plowed again. He sold the truck 7 years later with 16k on it to a cranberry farmer who only used it around the bogs so it stayed pretty clean.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Terry T said:

In Sept of 2000 I traded the 1993 K1500 that I ordered new for a 2000 K2500 that was on the lot for nearly a year and acquired 46 miles moving snow on the dealership lot. Mine is a 350 gas engine but has the cold weather package on it.  In 19 years I've put 191K & change on it and a few grand in repairs, tires & maintenance but it has really never truly let me down. I think I'll be rebuilding the transmission soon but I just don't seem me replacing it any time soon.

 

01-26-14.jpg

Best thing about that truck is that  vortec 350 will probably run for another 50 thousand miles and if it blows up a brand new Goodwrench 350 is only $1800

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

Original owner bought it to plow for the town. First time out got it hung up and stuck, decided plowing was not for him and never plowed again. He sold the truck 7 years later with 16k on it to a cranberry farmer who only used it around the bogs so it stayed pretty clean.

Good deal for you!

I remember there was a huge cranberry warehouse for Ocean Spray near the Dairy Queen in Wareham on the old road in the early 70's.  Handy to have that road called the Cranberry Highway.  I think it might have been about where Stop and Shop has their parking lot now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Good deal for you!

I remember there was a huge cranberry warehouse for Ocean Spray near the Dairy Queen in Wareham on the old road in the early 70's.  Handy to have that road called the Cranberry Highway.  I think it might have been about where Stop and Shop has their parking lot now. 

Spent yesterday afternoon starting to do bids for Ma DOT to move signs and lot lights on Cranberry Highway right where you're talking about so the road can be widened this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That will keep you busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Spent yesterday afternoon starting to do bids for Ma DOT to move signs and lot lights on Cranberry Highway right where you're talking about so the road can be widened this year.

Good luck Rich.  that project will kill the shortcut off 25 on Friday afternoons😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...