newB

E9 learning

new guy here, i do hauling equipment of up to 185k gross in texas. Im thinking purchasing a heavy spec mack with an E9 in the next year or two on top of my 14 KW. (deleted ISX)

any info would be appreciated. 

All I can say about these e9’s are they are a bear.I brought a 98 cl700 with one.The dealer,McDevitt Mack from NH had it on order when I reach out to them.I used it to pull our lowboy.My mechanic was an ex Mack dealer mech. so we turned up the pump and boy did she smoke,but the power was unbelievable.I had a Cat 375 on the trailer minus only the stick and bucket and pulled a 7 mile hill on rt81 here in pa like it was nothing.l sold the truck but been thinking about buying it back.Good luck with the bear you buy.

• Like 1

thanks for the info guys. i would be the only one driving it and if someone else does i know they'll be confident enough. 

Edited by newB