Sign in to follow this  
joes mack

telesquirt information

hello everyone I was wondering if any of you would have or know where I can find a parts or repair manual for a 50 ft telesquirt . we are poss getting one donated to us. everything works and it was certified in 2017 but sometime last year it started leaking in the extension section and will not extend out. chief said they told him it was a gasket  that cost $45.00 but it will cost $6,000 to fix it. I talked to a fire apparatus repair shop and they told me they would fix it for $2,500 but told me I could fix it my self. I have re built several hyd cylinders if that is what it is. it is mounted on a 1988 pierce if that helps any. I have not seen the truck as it  is about 4 hours away from me. 

First off, you state that it is a telesquirt.  That is a term often applied to several different brands of the same device, but the most common was the Telesqurt, built by the Snorkel Company.  If this is an actual Telesqurt, they company no longer exists in it's original form, but is under ownership of Smeal Fire Apparatus of Snyder, NE and is part of their LTC (Ladder Tower Company) Division.   They may be able to supply you with the needed part or point you in the right direction.

http://www.smeal.com

• Like 1

it is a actual telesquirt . thank you for the info

• Like 1

Joes Mack, I am going to make a call for you, I might have some insider advantage to LTC. In the meantime, do what Ga Dave advised. You can also try calling Pierce. Have the Pierce job number handy when you call them, they *may* have copies of the manual, but I suspect it will be in pdf format. 

Email has been sent to an Upper-Up at the LTC Division of Spartan/Smeal and he has replied that he is digging into that and will get back to me in a day or so. 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.
  • Like 1

thank you FWD sorry I haven't been keeping up with the post girl friend had heart surgery and with work ive been busy as a 3 legged cat in a sand box. still haven't got the truck yet but hopefully will be going to pick it up this weekend if everything works out.

Hey Joe, hope the girlfriend is mending well. I have not heard back from the individual, I will give him a few more days and then fire another email across his bow. 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

I am looking for any drawings measurements very good pics. Or the location of a b model firetruck in central fl that has a fire bell mounted in front of the passenger door. Like to find all the info I can on the. 3 arm set up. Hope to have one fabricated for a bell I already have. Have contacted the Mack museum already 

43694A7B-1404-4334-BA8B-6624A23CFDB3.jpeg

I wonder if it’s the same as that on an L. That picture looks like the one off an L, but the one for a B looks different, having the top bars curved up so they rest higher. If you do need the L bell I’ll be able to get you pics Monday.

ABAAD643-9093-446B-A775-18B55D55BE23.jpeg

L Model

E70433BF-D389-49F1-ACFB-128F77249308.jpeg

B Model

Edited by CaptainCrutch

Joes Mack, check your private messages!

she is doing well. I have been busier than a 3 legged cat in a sand box with everything with her, work, and the fire department. I replied to your message  and thank you for your help.

See your email for an early (or late?) Christmas present!!!