Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
j hancock

Could have had a V8!

Recommended Posts

That truck has a mean look about it! I wish it was in my barn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stan Leman has one, of course it's green!  It has a bunk on it.  I have a picture of it along with his V8 Superliner and B model at Lakeside Sand and Gravel show.

Edited by Freightrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess where the Anthem fenders came from. You got it -axle back CH

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Stan Leman has one, of course it's green!  It has a bunk on it.  I have a picture of it along with his V8 Superliner and B model at Lakeside Sand and Gravel show.

Stan is the man that introduced me to Mack B Models back in the early 90's. He had the B Model that I think he has today and a "Green" R Model back then. I lost track of him for years when I mover to Arizona. Found out about his crash that nearly took his life and killed his first beloved CL, E9 with sleeper, that burnt to a crisp, and was "Green". Saw him at Gerhart's in 2013 with a blue Superliner that I presume is "Green" now. Haven't seen him since but hope to one day. Super guy and a true Mack man to the end. Lets see the Lakeside photo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👍👍👍:MackLogo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they make a cl with a forward axle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

No. They should've. The superliner 2 was actually a set forward CL. Technically the CL was a set back superliner to be truthful. 

Same frame for both Superliner 2 & CL even drilled all the same. Only difference was about 4 inches added to the CL for the extended bumper mounts.

MH had a very similar frame to the  RW613 Superliner 2 as well. All could be ordered with an E9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

Same frame for both Superliner 2 & CL even drilled all the same. Only difference was about 4 inches added to the CL for the extended bumper mounts.

MH had a very similar frame to the  RW613 Superliner 2 as well. All could be ordered with an E9. 

Are you sure the front spring hangers are bolted to the same spots as on RW2? If so which way the axle is set back? Different position of the beam along the springs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Are you sure the front spring hangers are bolted to the same spots as on RW2? If so which way the axle is set back? Different position of the beam along the springs?

No I did not sat that. The spring hangers are different on the CL & Superliner2/ MH. The difference in position is about 20". The holes are drilled for both hanger locations in the frame. The front springs are different, CL 3.5" wide, RW2/ MH 4" wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pics from about 2008- 2012:
 

2012-04-29-11-02-23-162.jpg

2012-04-29-11-02-42-509.jpg

Superliner I drove in the video above:
supre12.jpg

B model:
b1.jpg

 

The blue Super:
SDC10868.jpg

 

From 2007 when he first got the V8 done, he wanted me to make a little video of it making smoke:

 

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the gentleman with those nice green macks have an R model the name and trucks sound and look familiar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Stan also has an R Model.  Don't recall the exact model and haven't seen it in years.  It had S&S on the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Yes, Stan also has an R Model.  Don't recall the exact model and haven't seen it in years.  It had S&S on the door.

Stan's R model was a 300 plus with a 5 speed. I do mean plus, it was worked on a little and with Stan driving he could run with anyone, loaded or empty. Back when I would see him he always hauled heavy and had no power problems with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!!! Saw pics of it once sweet set up with the aluminum head ache rack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 6:47 AM, AZB755V8 said:

No I did not sat that. The spring hangers are different on the CL & Superliner2/ MH. The difference in position is about 20". The holes are drilled for both hanger locations in the frame. The front springs are different, CL 3.5" wide, RW2/ MH 4" wide.

This makes sence. Thank you, I looked over some pics of those frames and got the things clear. I keep interested in the desing of RW/MH rails, hope to put my hands on such a chassis some day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...