Sister To My LS95

CaptainCrutch

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Update, I bit the bullet and applied for a SPAAMFAA ad, I sent it to the main page though and I don’t know how it works yet. I did this because I keep having this reoccurring dream where I end up finding it at some farm with a red barn and help the guy slowly fix it up, and everytime I have this dream it gets a little better each time, to the point where when I dreamed about it last night the pain was shiny and glossy and still very wet. I’ve gotten to the point where I’m so bothered by the thought it may be lost that I strive to know. I keep hearing conflicting reports on my trails but no definite proof, some say it was sold to a scrap dealer and most likely has long ago met its demise but some say it’s in the hands of an anonymous private collector. All I know is that it seems like it’s disappeared from the public eye 5 years ago and that’s very worrying. Such a unique piece of history like this deserves to be preserved. I can’t even begin to express my frustration in the fact they gutted the 707 out of it in favor of some random diesel motor that require plenty of fabrication work to it from what I’ve seen. Now imagine my rage if I find out someone tore it apart to be used for a new iPhone or something of the sort. I’d be more comfortable with the situation if it were parted out even, but if it’s still out there, even if it’s just rotting away, I’d be happy. My only hope is that someone will care for it and give it the attention it deserves. It really is a one of a kind...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

• 10 months later...

I am certain I know where this truck is. Somebody tell Captain Crunch to e-mail me >> greenville.sc.dave@gmail.com <<      I am not very good at computers or sending PM or blogging or anything similar     I do know  a lot of other things though such as math and history and I owe it all to my my father forcing me to drive a B model then a F model triplex to New York City delivering chickens in the early 70s

31 minutes ago, chillywillard said:

I am certain I know where this truck is. Somebody tell Captain Crunch to e-mail me >> greenville.sc.dave@gmail.com <<      I am not very good at computers or sending PM or blogging or anything similar     I do know  a lot of other things though such as math and history and I owe it all to my my father forcing me to drive a B model then a F model triplex to New York City delivering chickens in the early 70s

I swung you an email, I’m all ears...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kevink1955 said:

it's been 2 months, any updates

Trying to get some old company members involved but right now the current owner doesn’t seem willing to sell. That’s alright really, supposedly the thing even still runs and he puts it around his property sometimes. Guy owns a lot of trucks, it’s in alright hands. Still going to try to get her eventually, but for now just knowing she’s still out there and in safe hands is good enough for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2020 at 5:32 PM, CaptainCrutch said:

Trying to get some old company members involved but right now the current owner doesn’t seem willing to sell. That’s alright really, supposedly the thing even still runs and he puts it around his property sometimes. Guy owns a lot of trucks, it’s in alright hands. Still going to try to get her eventually, but for now just knowing she’s still out there and in safe hands is good enough for me.

have you gone to see it yet? pictures?

18 hours ago, Pacifica Pete said:

have you gone to see it yet? pictures?

I haven’t, a little too far away to take a trip during COVID, but someone has gone for me and sent back pictures. I just don’t want to anger the new owner by posting them without his permission or anything. It’s in rough shape but from what I’ve heard it miraculously still putts around his land every now and then...

• Like 2