other dog

Pictures of the Week

Insurance sucks!!!! The money part!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, other dog said:

Hat City recommended that I not sell it, so i'd have a summer place and a winter place. I am not a heat person at all, don't tolerate it well. But I am at a point where i'm thinking seriously about cutting back, not working so hard, life is short, i'm 62 now, gotta do what ya gotta do. I'd retire yesterday if I could, but the insurance is the thing, I need to work to keep my insurance because if you get sick or hurt you're screwed. I don't have much, but at least  it's paid for. I need to make some serious decisions soon about what i'm going to do.

Insurance keeps a lot of people from  retiring at 62.     terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

OD, c'mon back anytime for a fish sammich.
BTW-you might be able to score a deal on that boat you were eyeing.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, terry said:

Insurance keeps a lot of people from  retiring at 62.  

You can add my name to that list.   .....Hippy

15 hours ago, terry said:

Insurance keeps a lot of people from  retiring at 62.     terry:MackLogo:

You are right about that. It is a long haul from there to Medicare at 65. The Florida pictures look nice about now. We (in northern VA) have about 6" of snow and it is still coming for the rest of the day with predictions up to 10".

Insurance? What insurance is??

Tom, great pictures and really nice seeing you spent that great time.

The pictures of your snowy yard remind me very much of my feeling when I came back home from NJ 6 weeks back :)

On 1/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, other dog said:

Hat City recommended that I not sell it, so i'd have a summer place and a winter place. I am not a heat person at all, don't tolerate it well. But I am at a point where i'm thinking seriously about cutting back, not working so hard, life is short, i'm 62 now, gotta do what ya gotta do. I'd retire yesterday if I could, but the insurance is the thing, I need to work to keep my insurance because if you get sick or hurt you're screwed. I don't have much, but at least  it's paid for. I need to make some serious decisions soon about what i'm going to do.

Did you know there is a type of insurance for people nearing retiring age that covers catastrophic (I believe it was $10k and up) medical bill? I heard it being discussed on a radio show awhile back and it was to protect people who are retired or close to it but not in Medicare yet from losing their entire retirement if something should happen.  Maybe something like that is affordable and you’ll soon be giving us pics of the week from a Florida fishing boat.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, other dog said:

If you can hang in there and make it to 65, then Medicare is a beautiful thing.  Then, when you are on Medicare, you can get what is known as a Medicare Supplement policy to pick up where Medicare stops.  There are a bunch of different supplement options.  I like the high deducible supplements that are reasonable cost.  I pay about $65. a month for a $2600. deductible.  Basically makes sure you are covered if something crazy expensive happens to you the bills don't bankrupt you.

I bet if u just landed here its free

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mike said:

You just need a Green Card, then you'll be set for life, then kick back and watch your stocks climb.

You're right about that Mike. Maybe I could do like people at work, they quit, stay gone a few weeks, then come back and get a new truck and the best loads. Maybe if I became a Mexican citizen, then snuck back in before they build the wall...I'd have it made!..get all kinds of free shit too...

never happen. you are too uggly to  pass of as mexican...

i know, cause i already tried it................they would not even let me into the country to apply for asylum.

• Haha 1

Right with you there brother I would retire now if I could 46 years I am done. 4and a half left it’s a whole different game now I’ve had enough...... thanks for the cool photos...Tom...Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1