Hello,

I'd like to put a single 5" or 6" stack on my truck soon. END673. My question is: would 6" be too large? Do I have enough exhaust flow to prevent the gases from "the doldrum effect" and end up stinking up the cab etc? It would be 84" long. 

Thanks guys. 

Hi there,      I don't know an answer to your question,     I will give you my opinion.  Go with 5"  ,   and not super tall if it's a B .   Just my opinion.  

I agree , and the 5” will look more correct .

Great input guys, thanks. I’d like to do duals, but the air tank for the air start is in the way on the driver’s side. 

Post a pict  so we can see your project.    No matter if you go with 5" or 6" ,  or single or dual ,  it will look great..       Classic iron looks good !

• Like 1

I just was contemplating the same thing with mine. I ended up going 5 inch (twin) and think it looks in proportion with the r model cab. I think standard down here was 4 inch. 

Here's a better pic of the exhaust, but it's before I painted the truck.

B61exhaust (2).JPG

40 minutes ago, Wobblin-Goblin said:

I went with 4" which was standard for the time.

WipersDone (4).JPG

I'm not a big fan of the large exhaust myself. Always liked 4" chrome with a matching muffler guard on the right side only with a B series. I like the green and black and am going to do my B-673 in those colors but with red hubs to be different:

PIFF.jpg

• Like 1